Chapter 3 : Conversation

It's time for dinner, dad hasn't home yet. So i decided to buy some food. The night sky glistering with scattering stars. The moonlight shine bright lighten up the city.
It's a little quiet tonight, that you could hear a cicada singing in the bushes.

It's not my lucky day, my favorite restaurant are closed earlier. The sign says that they're out of order. So i don't have any choices but to buy from another place. There are a fast food restaurant near me, and it also where Gopal works.

I'm heading to that place. It took some time for me to get in there. I'm fatigued, but it's fine. Because I'm going to have a dinner and recharge my energy.

I'm ordering a pizza, with extra cheese on top. I pick my seat and waiting for my order.

"Table number 19 here's your order"

I'm surprised that the ones who serve me is my 18 years old classmate.

"Gopal?"

I know he works here, but i don't expected that he's the one to serve me.

"Why are you here?"

"What do you mean why am i here? You know this is where i works, right?". Gopal said with his bright smile.

"I know... But i didn't expect to be served by you. Not because i don't want it, but i just feel bad if my friend are serving me", i told him with a guilty face.

"Well, it's a coincidence then. Guess what? My shift are over. I doubt if you can eat all of those slices of pizza alone". He's talked to me with his teasing face.

"Hahaha. You're so annoying", i told him not taking it seriously.

"Okay, I'll get dressed first. This fast food uniform makes me feel itchy".

I scrolled down my phone while waiting for Gopal to get dressed.

*Ring~Ring~Ring~

It's an incoming voice call from Yaya. I'm wondering why she calls me. So i picked up the call.

"Hi Yaya."

"Hi Boboiboy, i already invited you and Gopal into the group chat. We can discuss for the study camp in there. Oh, Ying is also there, so don't forget to greet her.

"Ah, okay okay, Thanks. I'll chat her too. By the way isn't there 5 person in a group? Have you invite them?".

"Uhh... About that, i don't know their contact. But that's okay cuz we will find out soon"

I'm still curious who's the last person of our group. But i can't find out who is it.

"Boboiboy!". Gopal shouts my name and take a seat in front of me. He looks like he's about to eat the whole table.

"Ah okay then, I'll talk to you later. I'm gonna eat my dinner".

"Ow okay, enjoy your food!"

Yaya close the call.

Gopal's face looks like he's ready to eat the whole pizza. But he's still waiting for me to close the call and have my first bite.

"Okay let's eat this huge pizza. I don't know what im thinking about when i order this large cheesy pizza".

"Cheers!"

*Gopal handed his cola to cheers with me

My focus was pointed to my phone, and didn't realize that Gopal brought two cans of cola on our table.

"Cheers!", reply me.

"About the accident, how it turns out?", i enquire curiously.

"I'll pay for his glasses. It's my fault so i am responsible for that".

"I see... About what he said, don't mind it. He's just having a bad temper, so those words came out from his mouth".

"That's okay he's always like that".

*Gopal said with his mouth full of pizza.

"What do you mean he's always like that?"

"Yeah, he always mean to people. This is not the first time he did that. The other student in our school has felt the same thing. He's thinking that he's superior, and the other student are just flies."

It's a bad luck for Gopal that he meet that person. He has to pay for his glasses, which i am sure that glasses is costly.

"So how much you pay for his glasses?"

"I don't know. He's not contacting me. But you know what, try not to make a deal with him. He's problematic."

*Gopal's burping

"OMG it's so good, thanks for the food Boboiboy. You are my best friend".

*Gopal smiles slightly while stroking his stomach that full of my pizza.

"No worries, thanks for having a dinner with me. It's so lonely since my mom..."

"It's okay i also enjoy the food. I'm glad having you as my best friend".

*Gopal pretends to smile to wipe away my sadness.

He knows what happened in my past, so he always try to cheer me up. He always smile so i could forget my sadness. He's always on my side so i don't have to feel the loneliness inside my heart. He's my best friend, and I'm grateful having such a great friend like him.

We left the restaurant. Our house are close to each other, so we decided to walk together. This night feels different than the other night. The moon doesn't shine alone, the stars are also there shines for the moon, Just like me and Gopal. The lonely me now have a place to share a story. A place where i can find myself comfortable. We walked down the way home with comfortable silence.

"Bye Boboiboy. See you tomorrow!".

"See ya!".

I said with a smirk on my face.

I open my door and get into the house. In the dimly lit room, i see a silhouette in the kitchen. A man with dashing body is slicing a cake on the table. It was my dad, he welcomed me with his bright smile and asks me to have a seat.

"Have a seat son, i brought you a cake. Your favorite, red velvet cake. Don't forget to brush your teeth before you sleep".

I'm so touched at that moment. Realizing that i have such a great friend, and also a great dad that always take care of me. I'm grateful that there are people who supports me during my lowest time.

I rush into my dad and hug him so tight. It was the best feeling i ever had after all of these hard times. We finished the cake together. It was a great night.

Thank you, Dad.