Chapter 4 : School Idol

As dawn broke, the morning light shone into the city

As dawn broke, the morning light shone into the city. Setting a peaceful atmosphere. Dad takes me to school in his car before he gets to work, so I barely come up late to school. The school corridor is still in peace. There are just a few students that come this early.

I entered my classroom, There were just Yaya and Ying. Both of them tidied up the classroom, just to make sure that the other students could study comfortably. What a studious student, my heart said. No wonder that they're the top student.

I took my seat and opened the window to get some fresh air. I could hear the birds chirping, and the fragrance of the flower next to my desk. The sun's rays shine through a branch of a tree. What a warm and peaceful morning.

*Beep

My phone vibrates, it's a notification from Gopal. He said that he just woke up, so he might coming up late. Poor Gopal must be tired because of the night shift.

*Crowd noise from the corridor

"What's that?", i asked Yaya.

"Oh, he's coming I guess"

"He's who?". I have no idea who's coming.

*Ying taps my shoulder.

"It's the popular boy, Fang. The girls are excited to see his good-looking face. Ah, he's also has a lot of money. It attracts the girl even more. You could even smell his perfume along the corridor."

"Fang? Never heard that name before. Is he from our class?"

It's a bit weird, I never heard that name before. I questioned myself is it a new student or is it just me that not socializing with others?

"Nope, he's from the other class. But he's in the same grade as us".

Ying replied.

The crowd noise is getting louder. Looks like they're heading to my class. But what for? He's not in our class for sure.

*Door opens

"So where's that kid?"

*Fang asked confidently, with a look of disdain, leaning on the edge of the classroom door.

I was astonished to see who opened the door. A handsome-looking boy with glasses. Not a nerd, but so charming. Its sights are familiar to me. It was the troublesome boy that Gopal told me last night, Fang.

"See? I knew he wouldn't come. Of course he won't pay for my glasses. That poor kid looks so hopeless".

"Hey, you!". He stares at me, with a contemptuous gaze.

"You are his friend, right? Tell that kid just never mind it. It's not a price he could afford"

*Fang leaves with a mocking smile on his face.

His expression provoked my anger, my heart told me to charge at him immediately. But Gopal told me not to make a deal with him, it's just a waste of time. So I'm letting him go this time.

"What happened Boboiboy?".

Asked Ying curious.

"Gopal broke his glasses. I think he wants him to pay for the glasses. But his behavior is so annoying."

"Just let him be".

Yaya said while sweeping the floor.

The crowd noise was still heard. They're gossiping about Fang. I don't get why he's so popular among the students, I know he's got a good-looking face, and his money is countless. But his behavior is a big no for me.

*Ding~Dong~

The bell rings, and the class is about to start, but Gopal hasn't come yet. He's probably coming out late. The door opens, and we're ready to greet the teacher, but it isn't the teacher that opens the door. It was Gopal. He walked down to his seat panting heavily. Looks like he was in a rush coming here with his bicycle. I wanted to tell him what just happened earlier.

"Hey Gopal, did u kno-"

Everyone stands up from their seat, the teacher has come. So I have to cut out my conversation with Gopal.

3 hours passed, and it's now a break time. A perfect time to start the conversation with Gopal. I walked to his desk and told him everything that happened earlier in the morning.

"So you don't have to pay for his glasses", i said happily.

But it's weird. His face looked gloomy after I talked about the glasses. I don't get why, it is supposed to be a piece of good news.

"That's not the point Boboiboy. It was my fault. I have to pay for it, it's my responsibility. I know it's costly glasses, that's why I have to pay him a new one. I could pay it with my salary this month, so don't worry about me".

I'm so touched by his statement. Gopal is a pure boy. He's funny and a bit chubby. But it's an unfamiliar sight I see. I never see this side of him. Besides his humorous character, a responsible character of him makes me feel disinclined.

"I see... You've got that air of detachment on you. If you need help just ask me, I'll lend a hand".

"Thank you Boboiboy", said Gopal while showing his warm grin towards me.

"Let's get to the cafeteria, I'm starving. I heard today's menu is grilled fish"

"Woahhh, sounds good. I hope they're coming with apple juice".

We went to the cafeteria and finished our lunch. The menu is mouthwatering, and we're ready for the next lesson.

"Bzzt-Bzzt~"

The speaker makes a noise.

"Attention! There's no lesson after the lunch break. Instead, please gather in the hall for the preparation of student camp".

I and Gopal headed to the hall together, and there were already so many students gathered. Yaya and Ying are already there.

"Hi Ying, hi Yaya."

Gopal greets them.

"So everyone's gathered, except for him".

Ying welcomed us.

"who's him?", i replied curiously.

The crowd suddenly looks at one point. I heard them whispering, talking about him. It was obvious, that their eyes were looking in the same direction, the hall entrance. The only thing in the hall entrance is a dark purpled-haired boy wearing unfamiliar glasses. Of course, it's not ordinary glasses that other students wear, you could see the luxury of that thing in a mile.

He's walking toward us, I'm annoyed yet so nervous, he's so charming. He stands in front of me and says.

"So this is my group huh. What a shame".

The crowd was surprised that this 'star' was in our group. Even I couldn't hide my expression. At this moment I know that the study camp isn't going to be as easy as it should be.