A Golden Opportunity

Getting into the highlight of our adventure now!
Enjoy!
——————————-
- - - -Cross' POV- - - -
It's all a blur to me, but as soon as he started to move in my direction, I was able to recall seeing this golden stranger—or Dream, as he called himself—before.

"How is your Pokemon doing? The Pokémon found in these forests are not well-liked by outsiders. Believe me, I have personal experience with it."

Startled, I used this opportunity to study Dream more closely. With the matching rainbow gemstone in the center and a golden circlet on his head, he appeared to be quite the big deal. I made a mental note to ask him about it later. It didn't feel like the right moment to act right now. After a little period of quietness, I responded to his question.

"I-I'm not sure that Beedrill hit Froakie with a tackle attack pretty hard, and now he's pretty beat up."

As Dream took a closer look at Froakie, he placed a hand on Froakie's head and took something resembling a gigantic blueberry out of his pocket.

"Make him eat this, it'll help with the dazed effects. You're lucky he didn't get poisoned."

"P-Poisoned?!"

Dream appeared to have made the biggest error of his life at that moment, but he quickly laughed to himself and brushed it aside. "There's nothing to be alarmed about; a little Super-Potion can fix anything."

I fed Froakie the Blueberry that I had taken from his hands. He was quickly emerging from his groggy state, albeit slowly. I did, however, temporarily put him back in his Pokéball as a precaution.

I turned to face Killer, thinking he had been quiet for a while, only to see him gaping open-mouthed as he stared at Dream in fascination.  He shook his head when I gave him an elbow nudge in the side. A flush of embarrassment streaked across his face. I think that's what it was, however.

He extended a hand towards Dream, and the other kindly shook it with a smile. "I-I'm Killer." I facepalmed.

Dream on the other hand, found it charming and giggled a little. "Nice  to meet you Killer." Dream then turned back to both of us.

"Now that we're all introduced do you mind telling me what you two inexperienced trainers are doing out here in a forest?"

I was insulted and started to say, "We're not inexperienced trainers," when Killer interrupted me.

"We were hoping to locate a Pokémon Center because it's getting a little dark outside and we don't really enjoy 'roughing it'. Do you know where we can find one?"

Dream placed a palm on his chin, making a reflective gesture, then snapped his fingers and turned away.

"In fact, I believe I do; we could get to a Pokémon Center before then because we are close to Santalune City."

"Santalune City? Isn't that where the Bug Gym is located?" I asked.

Dream noded and smiled. "It is, so let's go!"

Dream takes off with great enthusiasm, followed by Killer and me by a short distance.

A moment of awkward silence passes, and I clear my throat to catch Killer's gaze. He looks at me, and I give him a fairly pointed look.

"What?"

"You know very well what. I've never seen you act like this towards a stranger, or anybody for that matter."

With a sly smile, he glances at Dream and then back at me. "Perhaps you don't know everything about me~"

I groan, rolling my eyes, and turn to face the Pokéball that was carrying Froakie on my belt.

I did this...I made Froakie fight. It's my fault that he's unconscious. How could I have let things get so bad?

Killer must have read my thoughts because, as I looked up, I felt his hand resting reassuringly on my shoulder.

"Hey mate, it's not your fault. It was me who suggested that you use Water Pulse. If anyone deserves the blame, it should be me."

"Kills I don't blame you; I just wish I had some kind of training experience."

Killer stared blankly for a moment before cracking up into a big smile. "You could battle the Santalune Gym Leader!"

I instantly halt in my tracks and give him a confused stare. "Battle a Gym Leader? Do you hear yourself right now?"

"He means a Pokémon battle silly."

Dream moved to stand next to Killer after apparently overhearing our conversation.

"Exactly! You can have a Pokémon Battle! That will certainly be your first training arc to get stronger heh,"

Getting stronger huh?...I could use that..

"Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we should probably get going before we all get drenched."

Before we knew how much longer it would be, the sun was nowhere to be seen in the sky, which had turned a mean, dark grey. Giant gray clouds surrounded us all about. It was pouring with rain. We all go off at top speed along the Santalune City path.

—————————————

Each of us dash into the Pokémon center completely drenched. As we rush towards the reception desk in search of cover and the promise of dry towels to help us dry ourselves, we hear thunder rumbling outside.

I take notice of the situation and see many Pokémon trainers sitting on each of the benches, some of them, either starting fights with one another or merely idling around with their Pokémon.

"This place sure is crowded." Killer observes standing next to me, drying himself off with the many  towels at the desk. He hands me one and I follow along, drying myself.

Dream moves to one of the vacant benches and follows suit, drying himself. "It looks like we're gonna be stuck here until the storm passes, so get comfortable."

Oh boy..

                         ~*~

——————————————-
YAY ANOTHER COMPLETED!!
OFF TO THE FIRST GYM BATTLE!!