SOL...YWMA [Ch. 31]

Previously: Cory texted Isyss after breaking up with Sandy. He texted that he "wants her". Cory didn't respond back due to not knowing exactly what to say. Isyss, Courtney, Andrea, and Sandy all head out to a wedding gown store. Sandy shares her relationships experiences with Isyss and Andrea while Courtney is changing into yet another dress. Sandy admits to being a hopeless romantic and how it's not the first time she's had her heart broken. But what stands out the most to Isyss is when Sandy says that her(Sandy) and Cory always find their way back to each other. This made Isyss a little skeptical about Cory. Isyss leaves the gown store to meet Mark at his movie set. She's intrigued by everything she sees and enjoys herself.

Chapter 31

I entered Courtney's house and was immediately greeted by the sounds of laughter. It wasn't that many different voices, just four that I heard. I softly closed the door and walked toward the sound of happiness; living room. As I edged near the doorframe, I spotted the four voices I heard: Courtney, Quentin, Cory, and Andrea.

"I don't understand why you didn't just kick the girl out!" Courtney laughed, causing the others erupt in their own. I watched as Cory laughed. His eyes were closed and he had the biggest smile on his face. I smiled to myself as I tried to remember the last time I saw him so carefree.

Then I looked at the others. Andrea was sharing a couch with Cory, while Courtney and Quentin shared the other. "Okay! Here's another one. How old were you when you had your first kiss?" Quentin's voice broke through the laughter. "I was 10," he went first.

"Twelve," Andrea said.

"Me too, twelve," Courtney responded.

"Seven," Cory admitted. Everyone looked at him in slight shock.

"You weren't even in the double digits?" Andrea asked in shock.

Cory shrugged his shoulders."She had the crayon I wanted," he defended himself, making the others laugh with disbelief.

"So, let me get this straight," Quentin started. "You traded a kiss for a crayon?"

"Talk about being cheap," Courtney laughed, poking fun at her twin. Cory didn't respond, just smiled in amusement.

"Seven years old and already using girls? Is it sad that I'm not surprised?" I finally spoke in a teasing manner. They all turned to me.

"Isyss! When'd you get here?" Courtney asked, the smile from her giggles still on her face.

"Just a few minutes ago," I answered with a shrug. Quentin motioned me over to the couch he and Courtney occupied, and scooted over so I'd sit in between them.

"So, how was you hang out with Mark?" Quentin beat everyone to the punch with his question.

"It was great. The atmosphere on set was very welcoming," I answered with a smile. They all nodded their heads.

"Did you get a cameo?" Courtney asked. I laughed and shook my head. I chanced a glance at Cory, whom was quiet throughout my entrance. He was looking at me like he was trying to figure me out. His chin rested on the palm on his hand while his other was lying casually on his lap.When we made eye contact, he raised his eyebrows in a curious manner.

I inhaled at the intensity held within his eyes and had to look away. "What were you guys playing? Twenty one questions?" I asked, looking at the others.

"Something like that. Okay! I have a good one," Andrea announced, obviously excited. I smiled at her happiness, glad to see she's fitting in just fine. "What age were you when you lost your virginity, and with who?"

Cory chuckled to himself, probably recalling his event in his head. Quentin and I shared glances, only four of us in the room knew the answer for us two."I was sixteen and it was with a boy named Jackson," Courtney spoke first.