SOL...YWMA [Ch. 28]

Previously: So basically, Isyss returns, only to be put in the situation of having to talk to Courtney about the MOH ordeal. Quentin is present this time so he can be the mediator. Courtney explains that she initially had Isyss in mind for MOH, and that she only asked Sandy just in case Isyss wouldn’t be able to make it. They make up, yay! Isyss tells them both that she’s not fooling with Cory anymore. Courtney says that Isyss the only one for Cory. Oh, and Quentin puts out there that he thinks he’s ready to get back in the dating world. Okay, enjoy this chapter…

Chapter 28

 "No, he's riding with us. It's my car and I happen to like Fred," she explained. What could she possibly like about that guy? Besides that fact that he’s always complimenting her, I can’t picture them being anything more than friends.

I chuckled sarcastically. "Oh please, you only like him because he flirts with you," I accused, saying my thoughts out loud. She gave me a confused look.

"You constantly flirt with me, and I don't like you," she found the need to remind me. I sighed heavily, mocking my frustration. I don’t know why she always acts like she doesn’t like my flirting. Let’s be honest, every girl likes my flirting, I’m freaking irresistible.

"Isabelle, I thought we were passed this. I like you, you like me, so let's just be together," I said sarcastically, whispering 'together' to add to my overdramatic affect. I had balled my fist to indicate coming together. My sister laughed in the seat in front of me to me. I saw Isabelle shake her head and laugh as well.

My phone began to ring, causing me to pause from reading. I answered without taking my eyes off the book.

“Hey, Isyss, it’s Mark,” he greeted me through the phone. I looked up from the book, caught off guard by his call. The smile was evident on my face as I closed the book and place it on the night stand.

Currently, I was sitting on my bed, reading. Andrea was passed out next to me. Apparently she stayed up the majority of the night worrying about my safety. She’s sweet, but sometimes I regret telling her about what happened to me years ago.

I had told her all about how that mentally unstable girl had basically held me hostage in my own home. Yep, I told her all of it. So now, Andrea’s all “if someone’s willing to do that to you when you’re not famous, imagine what someone would do now that you are famous”. Yeah, she’s a worrisome one.

Courtney had to attend a conference dealing with her book, Brent Daniels is still working, and Quentin had classes. So basically, I’m the only thing kicking in this place at three o’clock in the afternoon.

I got off the bed and began pacing around the room. “Hey, how are you?” I asked Mark.

“I’m doing pretty well, the movie’s going smoothly,” he informed me. I nodded, but then remembered that duh, he can’t see me.

“That’s good! I can’t wait to see it,” I admitted to him. I am pretty anxious to see this movie. The vague details he had told me peeked my curiosity.

“That’s actually what I’m calling you for; to let you know that you can come tomorrow evening if you still want to,” he informed me. Just when I thought my smile couldn’t grow any bigger, it did.

I stopped my pacing. “Yeah! Of course!” I replied with excitement. Mark laughed through the phone, obviously happy with my reaction.

“Great. I’ll email you the details. I don’t mean to end our conversation so suddenly but my director is calling me to set. I’ll see you tomorrow, then?” he informed me. I told him it was fine and agreed to see him tomorrow.