SOL...YWMA [Ch. 40]

Previously: Isyss and Cory get it on...multiple times in his office. Quentin and Andrea are hanging out together at Quentin's house. Cory just received a phone call saying that Brent Daniels has been in an accident.

Chapter 40

I've never really liked hospitals.

I mean, who actually does?

I've always had pros and cons about them. Something about them just doesn't sit well with me. I guess it's the fact that I'm surrounded by death and birth all in one place. It's that weird knowledge of knowing that it depends on what floor I get off on, that determines my state of emotions.

I don't know, that just boggles my mind. Like, knowing that right below me, someone is dying, and right above me, someone is being born. It's like I'm stuck in the middle of life and death and...that alone sends an odd feeling throughout me.

So, because of that, I've never really liked hospitals. But, for Brent Daniels' sake, I'll make an exception.

I rushed behind Cory, dodging bystanders left and right. Ever since we stepped out of his car in the hospital parking garage, he has yet to let go of my hand. I don't' mind, though. I love the feel of his big, strong hand in mine. When we finally made it to the elevator, my phone began to ring. I used my free hand to pull it out of my purse.

"Hello?" I answered, giving Cory's hand a squeeze when I noticed how tense his body was.

"Isyss?! Are you here yet?" Quentin's voice shouted through the phone.

"Yes, we just got here. We're on the elevator up," I informed him. Cory squeezed my hand back, letting me know he appreciated me trying to comfort him.

"Alright. Courtney, Andrea and I are in the waiting room. Brent's mom are already in the back with him," he told me before hanging up. The elevator binged and the doors opened. Cory led the way and I bother objecting. When our friends came into view, Courtney rushed to her brother, whom immediately engulfed her into a hug. She began crying into his neck, hiding her face from the rest of us.

I watched the scene in front of me with high emotions. The twins rarely ever show weakness, let alone cry. Everything that's going on with Brent Daniels is most definitely taking a toll on her. Cory rubbed his sister's back, allowing her to dampen his shirt all she wanted. He held her in his arms as she continued to sob.

"She was on the phone with him when he crashed. She heard the whole car accident," Quentin enlightens me as he stood next to me. We were both watching the siblings. Cory was whispering in Courtney's ear, causing her to nod in response.

Cory wasn't crying, hell, his eyes weren't even watery, but the sadness on his face was enough for the rest of us. How is it, that without a single tear coming from his eyes, he makes a person feel his pain? As if feeling my eyes on him, Cory's own snapped to me. Without saying anything, he removed his eyes from me, and focused on succoring Courtney. I sighed and crossed my arms.

I felt Quentin place his hand on my shoulder. I looked over to him, remembering that this, too, might be taking a toll on him as well.

"Have you guys heard anything from the doctors"? I asked him. He responded by shaking his head. I nodded and looked over his shoulder at Andrea. She was sitting in one of the identical, black chairs aligned in the waiting area. I then turned back to the twins. They were know facing each other.

Courtney was nodding her head again to whatever Cory was saying to her. She wiped her face with her hands and gave a big sigh before they both began walking toward Quentin and I. When she was in arms reach, Quentin and I pulled her in for a three way.