SOL...YWMA [Ch. 23]

Previously: “What the hell Courtney? Why didn’t you just tell her already?” Cory asked. “She pissed me off! She started making it seem like I was at fault here when I’m not,” I hear Courtney say. “You two are ridiculous,” Cory sighed in disappointment, referring to his sister and I. “Come back inside so we can resolve this,” Cory instructed me. “No,” I say. “Isyss, this needs to be fixed, now come on,” he continued. “What I need is a drink,” I mumbled to myself. I’m not much of a drinker, but I have dabbled in it a few times over the years. “Let’s go get that drink you want,” he answered. “Where are we going?” I asked. “I know this great spot that has the best bartender in town,” Cory said. Well, this day just keeps getting more and more interesting. Going out for drinks with Cory…I wonder what will result of this...

Chapter 23

“Um, Cory? I thought you were taking me to a bar?” I questioned as we get out of his car. I look up at his house in wonder.

“No, I said I was going to take to somewhere that has the best bartender in town…me,” he says while pointing to himself and smiling confidently. I furrowed my eyebrows in more confusion. He sighed as we headed up his walkway and unto his porch. “Look, you’re a freaking celebrity, the last thing you need is to be seen wasted out of your mind at a bar,” he explained.

I couldn’t fight the small smile that appeared on my face as he opened his door and we walked in. So he’s looking out for me? “Thanks, I didn’t really think about that,” I admit to him. He leads me upstairs and to his bedroom.

“By all means,” he says with a wave towards the mini bar he has in his room. I walk over and bend to look at all the alcohol he has stored. I see all different flavors and colors. Hard to choose one. Cory walks over and ushers me to the stool on the opposite side of the bar table.

“What can I get mi’ lady?” he asked in an over the top proper accent.  I laughed.

“I’ll have a strawberry margarita, my good man,” I tell him just as properly as he had. He pulled out a blender, plugged it in, and began to mix the ice and different liquids into the blender. Lastly, he added the strawberry water into the blender and turned it on.

He looks so professional, as if he was born to bartend. I watched him with interest as he reached down and pulled out to glasses. He grabbed two lemons and squeezed the juice along the rim of the glass, and then dipped the rim into some salt. Every now and then he’d glance my way with a small smile on his face.

When it was blended to his perfection, he poured his creation into the glasses. “Do you want a straw?” he asked me. I nodded.  He reached over and grabbed a straw from a clear tray that sat on the edge of the bar top. He places it in my glass for me and I take a sip of his masterpiece. Oh my goodness! It’s delicious.

I’ve had this drink times before but they’ve never tasted as good as this one. Everything blends so well together. If I hadn’t seen him make the drink, I would’ve never known there was tequila in it, being that you can’t even taste it. Cory walked around the bar and sat on the stool next to me.

I continued drinking. This drink is so damn good. “Whoa, slow down,” Cory suggested with a chuckle. I didn’t listen and finished it off while ignoring the slight brain freeze. I grabbed the blender and poured some more into my glass.