13. Moment'

Hey! My starlitz, I'm back on track. And will try to post two or three in a sequence.

Maina's POV~

Dadu sa and dadi sa had their monthly checkup today which couldn't be postponed.

Leaving the males and the children in the haveli who were lounging on the couches of the living room. With us -the ladies.

And it took much of my efforts to make the elderly of the family to go for their checkup. Because the only thing on their tongue was

"their grand daughter-in-law was coming to the haveli for the first time which they couldn't miss".

And these gents aren't really helping. Neha was already busy in the kitchen supervising the work.

Wee are working our asses around from early morning.

But did we complain? No, we didn't.

And look at them.

"Chota bacha nhi h woh aa jayega. Aur tum bhi toh kab se dekh rahi ho na, try toh kar rha hu, abh wahi phone nahi utha raha toh isme meri kya galti?"

(He's not a small boy. I have been trying for a long time, it's not my fault he isn't picking up.)

My husband replied when I asked him to call our son, the 10th time in the past hour.

"Aa jayenge woh, Badi ma sa. Aap chinta na kare." Reyansh said reassuringly, who was descending the stairs connecting to the living room.

(Don't worry, Aunty. He'll arrive soon.)

Kaise chinta na karu! Ye ladka kal se bhar h aur abhi tak aaya nahi. Na koi phone nhi koi khabar.

(How shouldn't I worry? My boy's been out since yesterday without a message or a call.)

"Kab aa jayega? Ladki Wale aate hi honge. Time dekha h, 8:30 hone wale h aur is ladke ka aata pata nhi h. Mein aapko bata-" I complained but stopped when a royal worker came.

(When? Our in-laws are about to arrive and it's almost 8:30 but still, there is no news of my boy. I'm telling you-)

"Maha Rani sa, they are here."

I already let them know to tell us when our samdhi ji comes.

"Ladki Wale bhi aa gye abh mein kya karu." I murmured to myself, "Abh chalo bhi, yahi rehna h kya." I scolded when I found everyone still sitting.

(Even the in-laws are here now, what should I do? Aren't you going to move away from these couches?)

I can't let my daughter enter like that -too plainly- when it is the first time she would be visiting and entering into the haveli.

Our Soon to be Lakshmi, Shagun.

"Ruko ruko, bhai. Hum aa rhe h."

(I'm coming.)

When I said that my son's in-laws stopped at the steps of the entrance with smiles.

"Ase hi toh hum humri hone wali bahu ko andhar nhi Ane denge. Kya hua abhi shadi nhi Hui toh. Beti toh ise Ghar ki hone wali ho." I said, taking hold of the aarti thali.

(My soon-to-be daughter-in-law's visiting for the first time. How can we let it be?)

Meesha ji told Naintara to stand in front of the main entrance before the rest took a step back.

I smiled, "Mera baacha."

(My child)

She was looking as beautiful as always.