20. Flashup

I had just walked out of the hospital after I was sure that the stranger had his family with him.

When my phone started ringing with bhai, chachu's messages and phone calls.

I released a heavy sigh. I know this would happen.

"Where are you? I'll come to you."

Chachu's voice bloomed through the line. He seemed on edge. Hell! everyone seems on edge today.

I look down at my blooded hand covered with the stranger's blood.

"Hospital," I whispered.

"What?" bhai growled from the background.

"Bacha, which hospital?" Chachu asked calmly. But I felt that barely contained rage in his voice.

And I could also imagine the way he had bhai backed down by his glare at this moment.

He never talks to me that way. Once, during a case, when a man attacked one of Chachu's department man was the day I saw my Chachu in rage.

And that was something I knew I was going to remember for my whole life. Even the voice.

I just have this something about violence. I start having a panic attack even at the slightest sign of an attack or violence.

And my Guardians -Chachu and Chachi- says it's because the day my mom and dad were in an accident. I was in the same car with them.

And from that same day, Panic Attack had a hold on me everytime at the slight sign of violence and blood. Deep in my heart.

"Taara?"

"Hmm," I replied absent-mindedly.

"Bacha, you are fine, right? Aap kaha ho?"

(Where are you?)

"Jii. Mein na City hospital ke samne hu."

(I'm in front of the City hospital.)

Just as I said city hospital, there was a harsh and fast moment from the line. And I could imagine my bhai running for the car's key chain at this moment.

"Hum aa rhe h. Stay there. Ohk?"

(We are coming. Stay there. Okay?)

"Jii."

"aapke aas pas koi h kya?"

(Is there someone around you?)

I look around the area. It was late at night. With only a street light shining in the distance. The lights of the hospital flooded the street with light.

A swift movement from the dark corners of the street attracted my attention. I zoomed in the dark side of the street.

A blurry vision of a male came into vision. The lights of the street shining on the figure. And then the figure was just gone.

I was almost zoned out at the sight until I saw nothing.

I turned my face from that direction, as goosebumps erupted on my skin. My eyes lock on the watchman sleeping at the foot of the entrance of the hospital.

"Chachu. Here's a watchman."

"Ok, Bacha. You won't go anywhere from there, right?" Chachi said softly.

I again looked down at my blood-covered hands. Where could I?

"Na, I'm waiting."

"Good. We are almost there."