22. Chaos

I'm royally going to deny,

"You can't enjoy your own wedding."

Because my time was one of the best moments of my life. I am enjoying these moments to the fullest.

Or you can say it's because of my friends.

Because there wasn't a dull day. And not when wedding days are not meant to be dull.

My thoughts were broken just as a whole bucket of haldi (turmeric) water was thrown at me.

Yah!! It's my haldi and my friends aren't letting me be.

I look down at me and watch as the flowers mixed with haldi stick to my skin while some slide with the turmeric water, pooling around me.

Laughter burst from my friends and siblings' mouths.

"oyeeee." I started.

I side the hair sticking to my face while a new wave of laughter burst through them.

"I waited too long for this." Nitin said before a fit of Dracula laughter burst through him.

That laugh was too funny which had me laughing.

He's right somewhere, because they had to wait until the haldi from Abhi's side came.

And the moment chachi applied haldi on my face, my friends turned to the devil's they are.

By now, the tip of my fingers had wrinkles. And the wave of winds erupt goosebumps from within.

"Tu kyu has rhi h?"

(Why are you laughing?)

"Teri hasi." And I again burst laughing.

(Your laughter.)

And stopped suddenly because he seemed offended.

He was standing with his arms back and he seemed full in his thoughts.

"Ahh...I'm sorry."

I was feeling sad. I shouldn't have said that. I didnt know he would take the words to his heart.

I stood from the stool I was sitting on, walking closer to him.

"I'm sorry, Nitin." He turned my way with his head bend down.

By now, no one was saying anything and was watching us. The only sound, was the song playing on speaker.

I didn't pay much attention to the song. It was some sort of wedding song. Only on Nitin. I shouldn't have said that.

"Mujhe nhi Pata-" before I could complete my sentence, Nitin attacked my face with a liquid.

(I didn't knew-)

"Ahhh." What the-

"Sorry but happy holi."

"What?"

"Pakka rang h." He said but with a hint of mischief in his voice and face.

And I was dumfounded. I blinked my eyes a few times for the thing to finally settle in my brain.

"Chachiiii." I screamed.

"Kya hua, kya hua." She asked runing to me. Bhai and chachi also came closer.

(What's wrong? What's wrong?)

"Isne pakka rang laga dia."

(It's permanent color.)

"Kya?" She said too stunned and started inspecting my face. (What?)

When she retreated her hand, her fingers came red blooded in color.