15. Danger

3 days later~

Naintara's POV~

I was in my room sitting on the bed with a sour mood. My knees close to me, hugging them with my arms. And chin resting on top.

because of what Abhi told me before...

He will be out of town for the next week and I don't even know if he would be there on our engagement day or if we would have to postpone our engagement.

Who does something like this to his fiance?? A marriage is something that matters the most to a girl.

"Taara, it's an emergency. I wouldn't be going if I weren't the case. And I would make sure to be there for the day. I promise."

He said leaning closer, reassuringly taking hold of my shoulders.

How can he do this to me? To us?

You call me childish Or selfish, it doesn't matter. I'm determined on my decision, I won't talk to him if he would do something like this.

A knock resonated in the silent room where I was sulking on my fate and soon-to-be husband.

"Taara." Chachi's head pops through the gap and she walks in, finding me awake.

"Why is my child sad?"

"You heard Na chachi what he said."

"Bas itni si baat."

(You're thinking about that.)

"Chachi." Ye choti baat nhi h.

"Tum chinta mat karo, agar unho ne bola h toh woh engagement Tak aa jayege. Itna toh bharosa h merko aapne hone wale damad par. Tum bhi rakho... Aakhir Puri zindagi toh tume unhi ke sath guzar ni h."

(Don't worry, I trust my soon-to-be son-in-law. If he said he would be there then he will be.)

Chachi said, taking the seat next to me, keeping her hand on my right shoulder. I turn my head to look at her. At which she smiled a bright one.

Releasing a sigh I shifted keeping my head on her lap as she started massaging my head.

I again sighed but this time it was a relieved and peaceful one. I always loved it when she massaged my head, releasing the negative thoughts from my mind and relaxing my soul.

She was never a stranger to me. No one was. Not even when we lost our parents and started living with uncle, aunt, and our cousins.

I closed my eyes feeling peaceful and content in my soul and I didn't even know when I fell asleep with a smile.

"I love you Nainu, my bacha. May you encounter happiness throughout and your husband love you the most." followed by a feather-like kiss to my forehead.

Abhiveer's POV~

We got off the plane only to meet the most advanced security of all. Black armored SUVs with dozens of guards standing attentively and ready for any attack if they were to take place right away.

And in the middle of the guards stood their leader, the Russian pakhan, Demitri Petrov.

Dark black hair, intense dark brown eyes, high cheekbones, Sharp square-shaped face, no sign of beard hair.

By his side stood The Italian mafia god Don. Another member of the team. Sea blue eyes, soft facial features, blond hair, carefree manner and nature.

The total opposite of each other but best friends.

As we walked closer the guards -his men- bowed down in respect and even that was in synchronization.

Reyansh took a step back, giving me the lead showing his respect. It was my first time meeting the team but still, they knew of my hold in the underworld and I knew of theirs.