CHAPTER 9

ADAM'S POV

It had been about 40 minutes since I have seen Mia since she woke up. Just then her parents walk out.

"Hey Adam. We are going home for the night since Mia is now awake. We will be back in the morning. Do you want a ride?" Kat asks

"No thanks. I am going to stay here with Mia. But thanks anyway." I say.

"Ok then see you tomorrow. Have a good night." Denny says as Teddy runs up and hugs me.

"You too. See you tomorrow Teddy?!" I ask as I hug him.

"Yeah!" He says "Good Night Adam."

"Good Night Teddy." I say as they walk out getting a ride from Willow and Henry.

Once they leave I go to the hospital gift shop and pick up some of Mia's favorite snacks and grab a teddy bear and a some flowers. Then I walk into Mia's room.

"Adam?!!" She yells when she sees me.

"Hey baby girl." I say and kiss her forehead. " I brought you a present and some snacks."

"Thanks." She says as I hand her the bear and the flowers." You didn't have to get me anything."

"I know but when I saw it I thought of you saying how cute it was so I got it for you." I say. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah the hospital food is gross." She says.

"I bet it is. This is why I bought you some things from the gift shop." I say as I sit done pulling out the snacks. "Here you go."

"Thank you." She says. "Do you want some?"

"No thanks." I say.

"Are you staying?" She asks

"Of course princess." I say.

*********TIME SKIP********

Mia and I have been talking for what seems like forever.

"So I am going to New York?" Mia asks me making the conversation change into a serious one.

"Yeah you are." I say. " I am so proud of you Mia!"

"Thank you." She says and then yawns.

"Go to sleep Mia." I say.

"But I want to talk to you." She says.

"I will be here in the morning I promise." I tell her. "Go to sleep."

"Lay with me." She says and pulls my hand to get me to lay with her.

"Ok" I say as I lay down and wrap my arms around her.

"Goodnight Mia." I say

"Night" she says and falls asleep.

A couple of minutes I am too..