Chapter 12

MIA'S POV

I have been out of the hospital for three weeks and have to go back to school tomorrow. I don't want people to treat me any different then I was before the accident. I am very nervous. Adam says I will be alright because Kim will be with me, but I am unsure.

**********TIME SKIP*********

I am sitting at the table the next morning eating breakfast with my family and Adam before school.

"Mia you have to eat something." Adam says as he notices I was only picking at the food.

"I am not hungry." I say as my parents look between me and Adam.

Adam gets off his chair and kneels next to me.

"Mia I know you are nervous and scared, but you have to eat." He says grabbing my hands and looking in my eyes.

"But... I am so scared." I say dropping my gaze.

"Of what, baby." He asks gently lifting my chin to look at him.

"I am scared you will leave me." I say.

"Mia I promise you I will never leave you and that one day I will ask you to be my wife. I will be here as long as you want me." He says.

"But now that I am better you have to leave to go on your tour." I say not daring to look him in the eye.

"Is that what your worried about?" He asks.

I nod my head.

"Mia..." He says wiping a tear away. "My tour is being pushed back until you can come with me or until you feel comfortable with me being away. My band and I are putting our music on hold and only playing locally."

"I couldn't ask you to do that..." I say guilty they are waiting for me.

"You didn't ask me to do this, I wanted to do this." He says just as the doorbell rings.

"That's Kim" my mom says.

"Well I guess I have to go now." I say.

"I will drive you." Adam says. "If that makes you feel better."

"Really you would do that?!" I ask

"Of course."

"I would love that." I say as I grab my coat and book bag before walking outside to meet Kim.

"Morning Mia"

"Morning Kim." I say. "Is it ok if Adam drives us to school?"

"Of course." She says as we get in the car and drive off to school.