6.

When I woke up, sitting up in my place, I felt Ambrose still beside me. I hadn't quite realized the uncomfortableness of the makeshift bed I was sleeping on until sitting up for the first time all night, even though all I did last night was watch the ceiling light up and dim again as the moonlight would shine for a moment just to be covered by the clouds. I don't think Yeonjun had as much of a hard time sleeping as I did.

I got maybe 4 hours, maybe 5 if I was lucky. I looked over to his bed, now sitting up I could see better, but I still didn't see him. It's not like he was covered in the blankets, no, his bed was empty.

"Yeonjun?" I shouted softly at first, but once I got no response, I shouted his name a little louder, causing Ambrose to sit up a little too, stretching as his ears fell back to his head.

Then, Yeonjun appeared in the doorway, his eyes half shut as he smiled softly at me. He slinked inside the room, stepping over me and sinking into his bed, slumping over so his head was against the wall but his feet were on the floor beside me, "Yeah?"

"Where were you?" I muttered as I pulled my legs in to cross them over each other.

"Bathroom. You missed me?" He giggled a little, sitting up right again, reaching down to grab my hands that were sitting in my lap. He pulled as much as he could, not enough to pull me up, but enough for me to know what he wanted, so I stood up and sat beside him on the bed.

"I had just woken up and you were gone. I was confused." I spoke quietly as I grabbed my phone from my back pocket. I tried to turn it on, I tried to tap the screen aggressively, but nothing came of it. It was dead. I should've known it was going to be.

He grabbed the phone from me and walked over to his desk, plugging it in for me. Then, while he was setting my phone down, he looked over his shoulder, eyed me up and down before speaking up again to break the unspoken silence, "You wanna come with us to the movies tonight? Taehyun said he was able to get us some tickets."

Of course I wanted to go, but I wasn't sure if I should've. I was their friend now, sure, but it still felt wrong to me sometimes. Hanging out with them occasionally was fine at the start, but I felt like rushing into it, coming with them all the time might've been a bad idea. I didn't want to get in between something.

I shrugged, "Did he already get me a ticket?"

"No, but he said he can." He began to walk back towards me, but then walked past me in the end to open his window. A rush of cool morning air flowed through, causing me to shiver. I let out a deep sigh.

"I might have something going on tonight." I didn't have anything going on tonight, I just didn't know what else to say. I didn't want to tell him why I was really going to say no, I didn't want to go. The whole friendship felt like it was moving way too fast, but then again, I loved having friends, and I didn't know if that was normal. Maybe, as you got older, moving on from younger days, you didn't ask people if they wanted to be your friend anymore, you just let the love blossom.

"That's fine, but we were gonna go for another ride today. You should totally come with." He sat down on the floor in front of me, a flipped situation from the night before. His hands were in his lap, Ambrose walking out of the door, and his eyes staring brightly up at mine.

I wasn't even going to say no, I wanted to go with them, but he was giving me his puppy dog eyes, trying to get me to crumble and comply. I was going to play hard to get, in the sense that I knew he wanted me to come with them, but I was going to make him beg me to.

I shrugged my shoulders as my eyes looked away from his, scanning the room as I crossed my legs, leaning back on one arm as my other hand rubbed my knee, "I don't know. I might just go home." I smirked so he knew what my plan was and that I wasn't genuinely going to stay home when I could've been out living my dream.