8.

We decided to walk to the movie theater, give our bikes a break. It wasn't like I didn't walk a lot, but not being on my bike, not feeling the wind in my hair, was kind of surreal, especially with them because all we did was ride our bikes.

"There's no way she's actually into you." Yeonjun elbowed Taehyun who just rolled his eyes, swatting away Yeonjun's arm.

Kai giggled from beside me as the two of us watched them bicker in front of us, "Who are they talking about?" I asked. I knew I wasn't sure of all of their inside jokes, all of their crushes and so forth, so I wasn't afraid to ask.

"My sister."

"Your sister? Taehyun likes your sister?"

"Not really, it's an ongoing joke we have. Soobin likes her though."

"Really?" Everything was kind of catching me off guard at that moment. First Taehyun, then Soobin?

Kai just shrugged, "I guess she's popular."

"You'd think. What about Yeonjun? He like her?" I was honestly hoping not. I don't know why, but everything inside me was begging for Kai to tell me no.

But instead of a no, and instead of a yes, he just shoved his hands in his pockets, "I'm not sure. Yeonjun doesn't really talk about the girls he likes. Sure, we find out once he tells us about how he hooked up with a girl but before that, we hardly even know the girl."

"How does he meet them?" I felt a strange feeling in my chest though. I watched as Yeonjun kicked a rock along the sidewalk, the street lamps kicking on just as we walked by, causing me to jump slightly. We were close to getting to the movie theater.

"Parties. We don't go too often, but when we do, we are the life of the party. Girls can't say no." He smiled a little, his eyes staring off as he zoned out, reminiscing about the parties he'd been to. I shivered.

I'd never been to a party before. Sure, birthday parties when I was a little kid, the kids in my class tossing an invitation on my desk just to build up numbers rather than kindly handing the invite to me like they would for the rest of the kids. They didn't want me there, but their moms would feel bad not inviting me. Yet, when I'd go, I'd be all alone, sitting out by the pool eating my piece of cake.

Those memories, of being alone, having nobody other than myself, made me just feel sorry about asking, "How often do you go?"

"Often enough. You should come with us next time! It's usually me, Soobin, Yeonjun, Taehyun, my sister and Taehyun's 2 older brothers. You got anyone to bring?"

"I guess I have my sister, but she's not much into going out unless her best friend goes."

"Then they can both come." He smiled as he slinked his arm around my shoulder. I hadn't expected him to be so willing to let my sister come, let alone her best friend too.

I smiled too though, the way he was so inviting, so willing, "They're both over 18. That's fine, right?" I wasn't sure if they were high school parties and if it was odd to have non high schoolers there, but when he said Taehyun's older brothers I'd assumed it was fine.

"Yeah. The parties are thrown by high schoolers, usually seniors, but they're open to literally anyone." Yeonjun and Taehyun turned the corner as I hummed and nodded in understanding, us following behind them, turning shortly after.

The movie theater was now in sight, just down the road. There were a good amount of cars outside in the parking lot. Taehyun looked over his shoulder, and I couldn't help my eyes from meeting his. There was a serious look on his face. Then I remembered what I'd promised. That he and I would talk tonight.