Thank You..

It had been a month since Giyuu and Kanae's battle, and neither had woken up yet. Everyone was pretending things were fine although they were apprehensive about the two of them on the inside. Giyuu and Kanae had managed to decapitate an Uppermoon, It was after hundreds of years since the demon slayer corps had managed to beat one. Both of them had pretty serious injuries and they had gone overboard with the usage of the breathing technique because of the strength of the demon.
*clash* The white hair male dropped the bouquet of flowers and cards sent by everyone. Every week someone would go visit the two unconscious hashiras with gifts and get well-soon items in hopes that at least one of them would wake up soon."Kanae... " Sanemi looked shocked at the flower hashira sitting on the bed while looking out the window." Shinazugawa-kun.." She said finally looking at him. " I-I'll go call your sister," He said quickly, leaving to find the insect hashira.

While Kanae had been unconscious Shinobu had been promoted to Hashira. She did not want any of the people she cared about to end up with the same faith as her sister and best friend so while she couldn't do anything, she wanted to get rid of all the pesky demons from the world. So in that short amount of time, she trained and trained, to get stronger so she could protect them. after some time Shinobu encountered a lower moon which she beat and became hashira. 

"she... awake... I mean Kanae," Sanemi said finally stopping to catch his breath and calm down. Shinobu stopped what she was doing immediately and looked at him teary-eyed. She rushed towards the room to see her sister."Nee-san!!" she hugged her sister tight not letting go. She missed so much, it had been hard for her without her elder sister and of course Giyuu too.
Although the other hashiras kept her company from time to time and kanao would be with her too, Shinobu still felt pretty empty inside. She didn't want to make the others worry about her much to she just smiled all the time like her sister did whenever she was sad so she would think everything was fine. She didn't want anyone to pity her for this. I mean Kanae wasn't even dead just injured.
Sanemi could tell how Shinobu felt thought. He could understand her pain behind her smile. He had a brother himself who he wanted to protect and if anything like this was gonna happen to him she wouldn't be able to forgive himself for not being there and protecting him.

"Shinobu ..." Kanae said looking at her with a confused look. She saw that her sister was wearing the button on her demon slayer uniform was golden now like the ones hashiras have and that Shinobu was wearing her butterfly hoari. "How long was I out for?" Kanae asked worried about all the things she had missed out on." A month.." Shinobu said still not letting go of her sister from her tight grasp. Kanae just stayed quiet for a moment comprehending things. The last she remembered was passing out after the battle due to tiredness when they were going to the butterfly mansion now her sister was a hashira? 

"Well I'm awake now ... so don't worry Shinobu you don't have to shoulder things on your own. Gomen it took so long.." Saying that she hugged her little sister back.
Sanemi just stood outside the room and smiled after listening to the heartwarming reunion of the sisters. He wished he could talk to Kanae too but he wanted to let them have their moment first." I'm glad..." He quietly mumbled. "Yeah me too," A voice said behind him. Sanemi stood shocked for a moment again. It was weird for him that he was the first to witness both the unconscious people wake up. "Tomioka you .. you're awake too.." He said in disbelief seeing the water hashira in front of him although he was covered with bandages from head to toe. "Ha... I guess I am." Giyuu said putting his hand behind his head. " Damn... " Was all Sanemi could manage to say. He kind of expected him to stay in bed for a bit longer since he had faced more damage in the fight than Kanae. "Well I'll take my leave them I'll come back when Kocho is free," He said and turned to leave. "Wait... uhh... thanks for keeping her safe," Sanemi said not looking at him. Giyuu just smiled and left. "Tch ... he just left without saying anything even if I thanked him," Sanemi said annoyed. " Thanked who Shinazugawa-san" Shinobu asked confused. "Oh .. Kocho. Tomioka.. he's awake too...he just left maybe you'll find him in the hallway" Sanemi said and turned to go see Kanae now.

"Tomioka-san ... it's good to see you awake now.. you've been asleep for a month you know of course nobody likes you so nobody was worried about you," Shinobu said trying to tease him but inside she wanted to go jump and hug him like she did with Kanae and tell him how worried she was about him." I see... that's good then I don't want people to be worried about me anyway," Giyuu said emotionless. Shinobu just looked at him with surprise then shrugged it off. "Well let me take a look at your bandages If they're all good then maybe you can leave after a day or two since according to Shinazugawa-san you were able to walk just fine earlier. "That's good to know I don't like just sitting around doing nothing anyway.." Giyuu said glad he could back to training soon.

" ....... alright your good to go.." Shinobu said fixing the last bandage on his back." Thank you for caring about me all this time Kocho.." Giyuu said softly. "Eh... Tomioka-san is thanking me this is new" Shinobu said smirking. " ...." Giyuu just stayed silent. "Ara ara~ Are you embarrassed now?" Shinobu asked chuckling. " I have nothing to be embarrassed about..." Giyuu said and turned towards her. Shinobu flushed. She had tend to a lot of Giyuu's wounds and saw him shirtless countless times but seeing him shirtless now just gave her a weird feeling. She tried to brush it away multiple times but it would come back sooner or later. "Kocho are you ok? You zoned out." Giyuu asked a bit worried. " ... yea I'm- Ara ara~ Tomioka-san is even worried about me now. How cute," She teased. ".... I always care about my comrades Kocho ... i guess I just don't show it much.."Giyuu said and felt kinda bad. He thought he would be able to show his real emotions with them finally but I guess it was still kinda hard for him.

After Shinobu left to go see her sister again Giyuu decided to take a small walk in the backyard they had and maybe get some fresh air after so long of not being able to walk around." The butterfly mansion is truly the best huh ... it has all the features , the medicine , food , even the scenery is amazing," Giyuu said admiring the beauty of the garden. "You talk like you've never been here before Tch ,." Sanemi said joining him. The first few minutes it was completely quiet. Sanemi getting irritated decided to make conversations with him even thought it didn't have a great start. "You know I'm still annoyed at the fact that you just left without saying anything earlier." He complained. " Oh... I'm sorry Shinazugawa.. I .. umm.." Sanemi just looked at him annoyed. " Forget it." He said trying to end  the topic. "You didn't need to thank me Shinazugawa .. it was my duty and I had to keep my word to you ...it was the least I could do after all these years you've kept me company in the previous life," He whispered the last part so Sanemi couldn't hear it. " .... Don't you dare just say that, I thanked you so be grateful and stop trying to act all cool ... tch its annoying," Sanemi said but deep down he was glad he could finally understand this idiot a little bit now.

The two of them just walked around for a while making small talks getting to know each other better and Giyuu told Sanemi a few things about the future too that he missed out on telling before because they weren't really important or needed to be told at that moment." Woahh so your telling me that the boar head guy and aoi fell in love and got married!?," Sanemi looked shocked at her taste."Well he has a rather feminine face ... and both of them are opposites so ... i guess it just happened." Giyuu said while thinking on how this happened too. " Its getting a bit late now so I guess I'll take my leave now we have the hashiras meeting tomorrow i don't wanna go late like you always do" Sanemi said and started getting ready to leave . " Alright... take care Shinazugawa ...... i .. i hope we can ever have a small spar," Giyuu said out of the blue. Sanemi just started at him for a moment thinking about what reply. Finally he just turned around and smirked. 

"Lets do it tomorrow 5am sharp, don't disappoint me future Tomioka," He said and left.