The Trial

We meet again... Tanjiro .. Giyuu thought while smiling to himself. It had been hard for him to not worry about Tanjiro even though he knew was going to survive the selection the previous time.

Giyuu got ready in position to receive the incoming attack. *Clash* The sound of the metal sword hitting the other sword was heard. Giyuu deflected the attack with ease getting ready for another if it came. "Take your sister and run," Giyuu said quickly without turning towards Tanjiro and Nezuko. Tanjiro being grateful for Giyuu did just that, getting up quickly he picked his sister up and ran off into the trees while Shinobu stared shocked. Giyuu knew wouldn't get far as he would soon encounter Kanao but that was the place he would get captured and taken for the trial he just needed to get Tanjiro out of Shinobu's reach until then.

"What are you doing Tomioka-san?" She asked not understanding why he protected the demon. Giyuu sighed. "You'll know soon ... just trust me," Giyuu said asking for her trust. Shinobu did, but what he did was against corps rules, he violated them so he could get killed for it. "... I just hope you know what you're doing Tomioka-san," Shinobu said eyeing the direction Tanjiro ran off in.

"CAW CAW BRING TANJIRO KAMADO AND HIS DEMON SISTER TO THE HEADQUARTERS RIGHT  NOW!!," a crow announced and flew away. 

Shinobu looked at Giyuu realizing that this was the Tanjiro he was talking about but she was confused as to why he never mentioned the demon. was it a change in events? or did he avoid mentioning her? he eyed him once again before running off toward the headquarters hoping to get an explanation there soon.

They pushed the gates open and found all the hashiras gathered around waiting for an explanation about what was happening. Giyuu and Shinobu were the last to arrive. As soon as Giyuu stepped in Sanemi walked towards him, you could say he was slightly annoyed. "What the hell are you doing Tomioka? I don't remember you mentioning a demon at all," Sanemi started a huge vein on his face popping up on his forehead expressing his anger. Shinobu tried her best to break out of the fight since Giyuu wasn't saying anything.

He didn't want to answer anything at least until Oyakata-sama came and declared that Nezuko was good and wouldn't harm the humans in any way. The other hashiras didn't say anything knowing it was really out of character of Giyuu to do something like this since he despised demons as much as them.

Soon the gate opened and two kakushi brought an unconscious Tanjiro and the wooden box where Nezuko was kept in to protect her from the sunlight. They kept the two in front of the hashiras and then scurried to the gates. Knowing the two who were brought for trial were here the hashiras too lined up and knelt down expecting the master's arrival soon. Giyuu stood a bit far from the hashiras knowing they probably weren't too happy with him while Kanae stood next to her sister kinda comforting her and letting her know that nothing would happen to Giyuu if he truly had a good reason for his actions.

The chatter between the hashiras about the current event slowly quieted as Tanjiro soon woke up. As his eyes fluttered open being hit by the rays of the sun first. They slowly tried to adjust to the sun as he could finally see what was happening although his body suddenly surged with pain throughout especially his mouth area when he tried to speak. It was due to the impact of Kanao's attack earlier while she was chasing after Nezuko and Tanjiro tried to stop her. "W-where am I?" he asked through pain not knowing where he was and a bit worried. "You're injured, don't talk," Shinobu commanded on noticing the injuries on the boy's body.

Giyuu walked over to Tanjiro giving him a small smile and mouthed him to trust him while trying to assure him that things were going to be ok. Tanjiro nodded back slowly and saw the people in front of him. The hashiras or the strongest of the demon slayers were standing right in front of him. He was pretty relieved to find Nezuko's box next to him safe and sound.

"Hello my children I'm sorry for calling a meeting on short notice and please do not be alarmed about the current situation... and if you must know, Giyuu my dear may you explain what you told me about the demon girl and Tanjiro my dear although u aren't in a state to speak right now I hope for some cooperation please," Kagaya said with a small smile. The hashiras looked up from their position eyeing Giyuu now. They were surprised that their master already knew about the demon long before.

Giyuu nodded and stood up. He gave Kagaya and Tanjiro a small sorry before proceeding inside the building with Nezuko's box. He asked Nezuko to come out of the box showing her to the other hashiras. "This demon... She's special she hasn't feasted on human flesh in about two years and she won't now either," He announced.

The hashiras looked at Giyuu as if he were crazy. Iguro spoke up. "How do you know it won't attack anyone? and are you seriously saying you let it stay alive for two years Tomioka, this is against the corps rules," He said angry at his friend for sparing the thing he hated the most. The rest of the hashiras agreed with Iguro. I mean how could they trust that one thing that killed their whole family or caused them grief for the sole existence they are demon slayers today? "Master say we get rid of the demon this instant we have no such proof that it wouldn't attack anyone," Sanemi said looking down.

Some part of him wanted to trust Giyuu but if his own mother couldn't recognize her children what good would be a random demon? "I agree with Shinazugawa the demon should be disposed of immediately," Rengoku said smiling.

Giyuu thought for a moment thinking about how he could gain the trust of his fellow pillars until his mind raced back to the time when Tanjiro was first brought in for the trial. He mouthed Tanjiro a quick sorry again before continuing to do what he was about to. If this doesn't prove you guys the former water hashira, Sakonji Urokodaki and I are ready to commit seppuku if the girl does indeed end up eating a demon," Giyuu said looking into the eyes of the hashiras proving how serious he was.

He drew his katana, he didn't like what he was about to do but if it helped last time it could this time he thought, and then sliced an injury in his arm open letting the blood drip down onto the floor. The hashiras by now expected Nezuko to pounce on Giyuu and attack him but Nezuko did the exact opposite. Even after the exhausting fight against Rui she still turned her head away in the opposite direction showing her dislike for human blood.

Giyuu gave her a smile showing how proud he was of her and then looked at the shocked and surprised expression of the hashiras. "As I said earlier she doesn't feed on humans so she has no reason to hurt them, she gains her energy only through sleep," Giyuu said. He hoped they would trust him at least a little bit now but it was doubtful. "Tomioka as much as I want to trust you .. How do we truly know she is on our side? maybe she doesn't eat humans but you said she gains power from sleep she could still be an enemy," He asked. Giyuu could see the hashiras questioning the same. 

Kagaya spoke up now. "My dear children we have no certainty but since there are already two lives on the line why not wait and see? I have faith in Giyuu's words so I hope you will place yours too," He said calmly. The hashiras looked at each other and then nodded in understanding. 

The meeting finally ended after the mention of Tanjiro running into the demon king, Kibutsuji Muzan which shocked everyone on how a low-rank demon slayer ran into him while even a hashira hadn't. Then Tanjiro was taken to the butterfly mansion to get his wounds treated. Most of the hashiras left except a few.. Shinobu, Sanemi, and Giyuu. 

He already knew what they were going to ask so he just got to the point. "Yes I knew about her but I didn't know what your guy's reaction would be so I waited until the right moment and I felt this was the one, I promise you guys that she would be of great help in the future... especially when Uzui battles against upper 6... and well .... you'll see in the future just please trust me on this" He pleaded. The two didn't say anything just walked off from there without any words. Giyuu just assumed they either were too mad at him or they believed him.

Giyuu sighed and then looked at Rengoku and Tengen talking to each other outside knowing that in a couple of days, Tanjiro would be on the same mission and same train where Rengoku got killed but he wasn't going to let that happen this time.