Mingi

The members went back to their dorms for a well deserved rest , except for two studio addicted members who are know as hongjoong and mingi stayed in the studio for work.

   They both agreed on doing their own work individually for the night as they have diffrent ideas about what they want as a concept.

  Mingi who just came back from a hiatus was working on a project to express his emotions and help people understand what anxiety can feel like.

  Honjoong liked the idea and told him to go with it which the younger was grateful for before the silence became their friend since they both were focusing on their work.

  Mingi made a small progress before started feeling anxious about the whole idea.

     What if the listeners didn't like the concept? what if he was just overreacting about something all humans have? what if no one ever cared about him coming back to group? making everything go in vain...

Question after question rising in his head , making work more difficult for him as he struggled to focuse on the screen in front of him.

  Honjoong noticed the silence and turned around to see mingi shaking his leg repeatedly and playing with his hair , clear sign something was wrong.

  He instantly went to the younger and kneeled next to him , taking his hand on his and started rubbing his finger around it to bring a bit comfort to the younger.

  "Mingi , are you with me?" he asked with a gentle voice , mingi nodded his head.

"What are you thinking about? you can tell hyung everything , I hope you know that"

"I do know that, it's just..." mingi said , unable to figure a way to speak his feelings he was struggling to understand clearly.

"Take your time " hongjoong told him" there's no need to rush "

" What if I'm making a big deal out of nothing? " he managed to ask.

"A big deal?" hongjoong repeated , confused by the thought.

"About the whole anxiety thing " mingi explained " everyone can get anxious , you know. what if I'm being overdramatic about the whole idea ? what if everyone got the message in the wrong way and made them feel worse about themselves? what if people told me my hiatus was for nothing? and... and.."

  He got interuppted by his leader's arms around him , holding him tightly , which was very rare from him , considering his dislike of physical affection.

"Would you believe me if I told you none of that is true , mingi-ya?"

    mingi could feel the leader's hand playing with his hair while the other still hugging him , bringing comfort to his anxious heart.

"You're not being overdramatic or anything of the sort . on the contrary,  you're being brave to have the will to express such painful emotions to the world . after all , not everyone would understand how anxiety truly feels like"

  He let go and looked at mingi's shocked face with a gentle smile and fond eyes.

"Yes , everyone can feel anxious from time to time.  however , that doesn't mean anxiety disorders don't exist . every human went through their own journey and had different experiences in life. with you doing this project , you're helping a lot of people feeling seen and understood"

"really?"

"really"

"Then what about my hiatus?"

"your hiatus was for you to rest from stress that caused it to become a main reason you loosing yourself ... which something anxiety can do to everyone who has it .. and that's normal mingi"