Four - Standing Out

"Right." Brutus nods decisively, pushing his chair away from the table and getting to his feet. He gestures for the rest of them to stand, and they all obey instantly, as he leads them into the television room and they take their seats on the plush couch in front of the giant screen.

"Ugh, budge up, Clio." Clove exclaims, nudging her sister with a grin. Clio rolls her eyes in response but moves up the couch anyway, shuffling closer to Cato.

"We'll be going through the reapings so we can discuss the various different tributes." Enobaria tells her tributes, taking control of the television remote as Brutus passes over two notebooks and pens. "I want you both to take notes of any potential allies and threats."

"One and Two are always allied. It worked for us, so it'll work for them." Cato catches the pen Brutus throws at the two of them whilst Clio catches the notebook. "The only other district worth considering is Four."

'Only if the tributes from Four are worthy of being considered careers." Clio remarks with a laugh, twisting her body slightly so that her legs intertwine with her boyfriend's. "If they're anything like Luna, then it's not worth the alliance. We need skill, not luck."

"Shut up." Enobaria says.

"You just told us that we're discussing the tributes?" Clio questions her.

"I'm not going to tell you two again. Shut up and watch the reapings. You're mentors now, not tributes, so no, I wasn't talking to you. It's your job to catch things they might have missed and then help contact the other mentors." Enobaria narrows her gaze at the pair as she presses play on the recap. "Unless you want more menial shit to do?"

"God no." Cato scoffs.

"Then shut up."

The six of them watch as the District One seal appears and a tall, blonde girl in a fitted lace dress volunteers herself. This girl looks the same as the last three girls they've had, Clio notices as she writes the girls name down on their potential allies list - noting alongside it that she wouldn't be surprised if she is given the angle of the 'glamorous District One tribute' that many before her had.

"Glimmer," she scoffs, "very District One."

Clove peeks at her sister's piece of paper, laughing quietly when she reads the words beside Glimmer's name: clearly picked based on her ability to attract sponsors, unlikely to be a problem. Ajax can be seen doing the same to Cato's notepad and laughing at the two words penned next to the male tribute's name - Marvel: funny looking. The boy has just announced himself on stage after proudly ascending the steps following his arrogant throw of hands.

"Looking at these two, I think it'll be yours to lose this year." Cato says as the six of them watch their own district's reaping play on the large screen.

"Obviously, but they'll all be looking at them as a threat considering our district's recent dominance."

"Cashmere and Gloss will enjoy another set of sibling victors, you were all she was talking about last year." Cato replies in a whisper, leaning into Clio's side so that his own tribute doesn't hear him. He then throws a crumpled piece of paper in the direction of the bin across the room when she sees how small and scared the tributes from District Three look as they're called on the stage.

"Well, they definitely aren't going to be talking about the boy from Four. He's going to die in the bloodbath; there's no way he'll add anything of value to us." Clio points toward the television as a small, curly haired boy approaches the stage, neither of them even bothering to write his name down on their pages. "The girl however, looks a bit stronger than the usual girls to come out of four."