Eighteen - Trivial Matters

13th July 74PD

It's quiet inside the suites of the Tribute Centre while the sun rises steadily over the horizon of the Capitol to start a new day. There is the faint noise of the buzzing streets of the Capitol as people start to crowd around the front entrance of the building to try and catch a glimpse of any of their favourite victors, each having days off from whatever jobs they are tasked with in the city. The older victors make their way down to the mentor's viewing room to try and secure any sponsors for their tributes - who aren't exactly doing much on the second day in the arena. The steps and grumbling of Enobaria and Brutus over their coffees, wakes a sleepy Clio in her bed. A nest of untamed brown hair peeks out from underneath the large, fluffy, white duvet that the teenager has rolled herself up in, and a yawn escapes the pile of pillows, followed by outstretched arms.

Ever since she's experienced the comfort of a Capitol bed, and how cosy the thick duvet can be, she's developed a habit of rolling herself up in the comforter and stealing every piece of fabric, moving it all onto her side of the bed in the process. Yawning widely again, she rolls onto her side, facing Cato who still lays beside her. His body is covered with one of the thick blankets that usually lives in the back of the bedroom wardrobe and she has to stifle a soft laugh at the sight.

Scooting closer to him, Clio slowly unravels the duvet around her so she can share it with him as she does most mornings in the Capitol. Draping it over his body, she slides even closer across the mattress, she rests her head on his chest and sighs as she tries to find a comfortable position on the pillowy mattress without waking her boyfriend underneath her, before she gives up and entangles her legs with his.

Cato's blue eyes open just slightly, half asleep and he mumbles groggily. "I thought we agreed we'd sleep in today."

"I'm sorry." Clio whispers, leaning up on her elbow to place a kiss against the corner of his mouth.  "I'm not very good at that."

Cato's eyes are already fully closed again as he hums at Clio's motion of laying herself back over the expansion of his chest. It rumbles underneath her body as he speaks, tugging the blanket again. "You stole the blanket again."

"You know that I can't resist wrapping myself in the sheets here." Clio grins whilst his arms wrap themselves around her waist. "You knew that before you let me sleep in this bed."

"I like having you in this bed."

"Of course you do." Clio's laugh is loud and light.

The room falls silent for a few moments as they both lie still, Cato's arms tightening around her waist, one hand tracing over the curve of her spine. "What are we supposed to do today?"

"Let them deal with it." Cato responds before his voice lowers to a mumble. "Just want to stay here."

"I heard that!" Enobaria announces through the door with a shout. She knocks her fist twice against the wooden frame before relenting and informing them that she and Brutus would cover the morning watch, as long as they move by lunchtime. The mentor doesn't try to enter the room - she knows better than that - instead, she grabs Brutus' elbow and they leave the suite for the mentor's room.

"We can't stay here all day." Clio explains with a laugh as she lifts her head to watch him sigh dramatically. "We'll have–"

Clio's protest dies instantly when Cato's thumb and index finger grasp her chin and holds it, gently moving her onto her side before he turns on his also and brings his lips to hers. He smiles a satisfied smile within the kiss at the breathy moan lured out of Clio's body as he pulls her impossibly closer before pulling only a mere inch away. "Can't we?"