Twenty - Kiwiquiri

Several hours later, Clio, now dressed in a red mulberry silk pyjama set with white piping trims, and Cato, dressed in the comfiest joggers he can find in his room, step into the glass lift to take them back down to the viewing room. They've both eaten and had an hour long nap in their suite before realising the time on the wall clock has just past ten, and that they're due back downstairs to take over watch from Brutus and Enobaria. Just as Clio outstretches her fingers towards the button, the phone attached to the inside wall of their suite's hallway starts to ring out with the familiar tune.

Clio takes a step, ready to walk through the glass door and grab the phone off the wall, when Cato's hand stops her in her tracks. "I'll get it, you can go down."

"Are you sure?" Clio asks, more than willing to wait a few minutes.

Cato nods, taking a step out of the lift. "'Course I am. I know you want to be watching."

As the lift flies down to lower floors, Cato listens to the ring of the phone a few more times before panicking slightly and pulling the phone to his ear. "Hello? Floor Two of the tribute centre, how may I help?" He cringes as soon as the words leave his mouth.

"Hello. I'm hoping to speak to Mr Kramer. Is he available?" The man on the other end of the line says.

"Uhh, not right now, the serial killer is downstairs on tribute watch. Can I take a message?"

"What? I- nevermind, this is sort of an urgent matter." The man explains. "Are any of the other victors available?"

"Well, yeah. Me." Cato says, confused.

"Oh, my apologies. Can I ask who I'm speaking to?" The man apologies.

"Me? Cato. The only other male District Two victor in the Capitol right now? Cato Hadley."

"I can only apologise, Mr Hadley." The phone operator says down the line. "We have one of your friends, who has had a bit too much to drink and we'd like to ask you to come and retrieve him."

Him? Cato thinks, trying to work out who could be in the bar across the street getting so drunk that they need him to come and collect them, escort them back to the tribute centre. The man over the phone coughs lightly and alerts his presence, causing Cato to realise he's been entirely too quiet. "I have a lot of friends. Which one am I collecting?"

The man laughs lightly. "Mr Odair. We'll have someone waiting for you at the entrance to lead you to him. If you could come as soon as possible, that would be much appreciated."

"Alright." Cato says, shrugging before putting the phone down. Oh shit, he thinks, I didn't even get the name of the place. Well, here's to hoping it's the first one I go to because I have things to do. He then looks down and realises that he'll probably have to change into something less casual if he has to leave the comfort of the tribute centre.

Whilst Cato is speaking on the phone, Clio makes her way downstairs and into the viewing room; walking quickly over to where Brutus and Enobaria are both slouching while watching Clove take the first watch of the night. At her lone appearance, Brutus sits up straight. "Where's Cato?"

"Upstairs. The phone rang in the suite and he decided he'd answer it to let me get downstairs quicker." Clio says as she sits down beside her own mentor.

"Is everything okay?" Enobaria's tone is concerned.

"I'm a bit sore but–"

"Not what I meant." Enobaria huffs. "I meant with the two of you, after Ajax's bombshell earlier."

"Oh, yeah, everything's perfectly okay." Clio shrugs, helping herself to Enobaria's drink.

Brutus doesn't look entirely convinced. "Are you sure? I can't believe I'm saying this, but seeing you without him just doesn't feel right."