Six - Eye Of Another

5th July 74PD

By the time Clio has finished her second plate at around midday - of cinnamon rolls covered in sweet glaze and thick syrup that drips from the pastry - Clove and Ajax have arrived at the breakfast table, both looking like they haven't slept all that much. Clove's dark hair is a mess, coming loose from her low ponytail as she pulls at the folds of her croissant with her tired fingers, whilst Ajax has dark circles under his dark eyes and still seems half in a daze, missing his mouth with his fork as he tries to eat the eggs on his plate. Brutus sits at the head of the table, focusing attentively on the tablet propped up in front of him and Enobaria watches them all, still sipping at her coffee. The woman waits for Cato to sit himself down at the dining table beside his girlfriend before she sets down her cup and gestures for an Avox to clear away the empty dishes before turning her attention to her tributes with evaluating eyes.

"We have twenty minutes, maybe less, until the stylists will arrive to get you cleaned up and styled for the parade." Enobaria tells them, raising an eyebrow at Clove before she looks at the both of them. "Don't fight them. I trust our stylists to set you both up nicely, they know what they're doing and they do not need you fighting against their visions."

"I think we can manage that." Clove says, and Clio watches her sister roll her eyes.

"Don't get too confident, Clove." Enobaria warns. "You haven't met them yet."

Clove shakes her head, scoffing slightly at the horrified look Ajax has thrown Cato's way. But her mentor's words prove prophetic only seconds later as Xanthe enters the dining room, followed by a man with bright bubblegum pink skin and eyes of solid gold. The escort claps her hands together and summons her tributes towards her, citing it as time for them to start getting ready.

"He's interesting," Clove whispers to her sister, watching the sympathy on Enobaria's face fade away as she notices the smirk on the young girl's face. "I always knew skin dyeing was a big thing here, I could get into that. Maybe they should dye me red to match the blood I'm going to spill, it has always been my colour."

Cato overhears and lets out a strangled laugh that turns into a cough halfway through to disguise his amusement when Clio narrows her eyes at him. "Please, for the love of all things holy, do not suggest that to the prep team."

As Xanthe leads Clove and Ajax downstairs to the prep room, the four mentors remain at the table, laughing to themselves at the discomfort on the boy's face at the idea of being beautified. "You think Luna's busy?" Clio asks Brutus as she pushes her chair out.

Brutus follows Clio to the lift as the doors slide open with a chime, beckoning them inside. As it ascends, a vibration courses through the floor beneath their feet and the numbers on the display panel steadily increase. Three. Four. The lift doors fly open on the fourth floor, and the two victors step out into a large room. Their heels hit the white, birch wooden floor with a loud noise and there is some shuffling from the kitchen. While she waits for either of the mentors to appear, she takes the time to familiarise herself with the decor in the suite. She hasn't ever been welcomed into the fourth floor of the tribute centre before - even last year with the boy from Four included in their career alliance, the meeting took place on the first floor. The walls are a pale, eastern blue with white wooden wainscotting to match the floors, and are covered with various sea themed items; decorative anchors and giant seashells mounted to the walls adorned with speckled silver pearls. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafts from the nearby kitchen area as Luna and Finnick walk into the foyer, hand in hand and clearly savouring any alone time away from the prying eyes of the president and the Capitol; time where they can be within each other's presence without having to watch what they say.