two.

the redhead - or as mr duvall had introduced her as cady heron was a disaster waiting to happen. eden watched as she awkwardly tried to find a seat in their american literature class before giving up and just casually sitting onto the floor. eden blinked in surprise before turning around to janis sitting behind her who had the exact same expression. "what the fuck is she doing?" janis asked before their american lit teacher tapped his marker off the board in front of them to get eden to face the front.

in french she wound up sitting next to eden considering it was the only empty table. "quel est ton nom?" madame park nodded towards cady who sat up straighter in her seat. "je m'appelle cady." damian stifled his laughter from behind eden. "you have to pick a french name," janis leant forward to inform the girl. "all the french people i know just call me cady." janis shot eden a look of total disbelief. "just say marie," janis pushed. cady cleared her throat awkwardly before turning back to the front of the class. "um..marie?" the woman nodded. "marie," she repeated before ticking off cady's name in her notebook. "next."

"amélie," eden replied instantly, cady frowning. "if we all make up names doesn't it get confusing?" eden shrugged. "i use my mom's name so it probably does get confusing at parent-teacher conferences but she wants us to use french names." cady still looked confused about how french class would work and eden pitied her a little. she couldn't imagine being homeschooled all her life and then being thrown in at the deep end in a school like northshore high. "janice," janis continued the line of french names, the woman putting another satisfied tick next to janis' name. "next."

"chanel," damian proclaimed proudly, an exasperated sigh escaping their teachers lips. "no." damian huffed slightly, eden turning to exchange amused looks with janis. "fontaine." the woman once again shook her head, growing more exasperated by the second. "celine dion." the woman shot him a warning look, her pen pressing into her clipboard rather harshly. "beyoncé." janis had opened her textbook and was pretending to be overly interested in the chapter she'd opened it on in the hopes that their teacher wouldn't see her laughing. madame park eventually got a real answer from damian who rolled his eyes at her once she'd turned her back.

cady scurried off the second the bell to signal the end of class rang, eden thought that maybe it would get better for the girl, she was just in an awkward phase that would work it's way out. someone would take pity on her. eden couldn't have been anymore wrong. she took her lunch tray at break and made her way over to where janis and damian were waiting for her, both of them focused on where cady was failing to find a table to sit at. "and they say this school doesn't have a clique problem," eden scoffed, watching as cady turned on her heel and exited the cafeteria. "please tell me she's not going where i think she's going."

"maybe she'a going to cry it out," damian shrugged. "this amount of humiliation is new to her." eden shot janis a look, the darker haired girl sighing in response. "we should check on her." janis pushed her lunch tray away from herself before nudging eden gently. "so what exactly are we supposed to say to her?" janis asked. eden was stumped with that one, they hadn't had many students move to northshore and even when there was new students, they never really relied on janis, damian or eden to give them a warm welcome. "i think we just wing it." janis raised a brow at her. "great plan miller."

both damian and janis gave eden a small push into the bathrooms, damian looking around to make sure no one was around before joining them. "this one?" eden lowered her voice, pointing towards the second door. janis shrugged. "how am i supposed to know?" damian moved both of them out of his way with an exasperated sigh. "are you ok in there?" he asked, knocking on the door a couple of times. "what are you planning on doing if it's not her in there?" eden hissed at the same time a small and totally unconvincing 'uh, yes' came from the other side of the door.