fifteen.

when eden had suggested her and janis have a 'movie night' she had done it with the intention of actually watching a film. janis had other ideas, turning herself barely ten minutes through the film to kiss eden. now she was sat in her lap, her legs wound around the girl as she kissed her feverishly. her hands cupped eden's face, pulling the girl as close as possible to her. eden hadn't yet gotten used to the feeling of janis' hands on her or the way her touch made her body feel like it was on fire.

she pulled back, trying to catch her breath as janis traced her jaw with her finger. she could hear the television from the living room, whatever reality show her mother was currently watching blaring below them. she hadn't yet told her mom about anything that had happened with janis, all her mom knew was that they had made up. janis' head tilted slightly, her brows furrowed. "i'm sorry, is your mom attempting to drown out whatever she thinks is going on in here?"

"what?" eden laughed a little. "no, i didn't tell her-" she trailed off, her eyes locked onto janis'. "i didn't know if i should tell her," she frowned. "i didn't know if you wanted anyone to know." janis kissed her gently. "you can tell whoever," she said softly. that was the thing. eden didn't know what to say. it had only been a little over a week and while janis and eden spent most of their time stealing kisses between classes and spending evenings at each other's places, she didn't know whether or not her and janis had a label.

"and what exactly am i telling them?" eden asked. "i don't want you to think i'm rushing things by calling you my girlfriend because we've only-" janis pressed her lips to eden's, cutting the girl off. it shouldn't have worked so easily but eden was completely intoxicated by everything about janis. "well i've been calling you my girlfriend," janis shrugged. "so it's pretty awkward if you've got other ideas." eden flushed bright red, janis biting back a smile in response.

"no that's fine," eden replied. "being the janis imi'ike's girlfriend has been on my list for like a while." janis laughed, shoving the girl playfully. "you're so weird," she said. "but yeah i think being your girlfriend has been on my list for a pretty long time too."

"good luck to janis imi'ike who has a showcase in the illinois art expo this saturday," mr duvall announced the next morning during homeroom. "go lions, even for art!" miss norbury smiled approvingly at her while janis flushed bright red at the attention. "art! art! art!" damian grinned at the girl who shook her head, motioning for him to stop. they both turned to face cady who was sat beside eden, applying her lipgloss in a small compact mirror. janis frowned ever so slightly, the smile slipping from her face.

"what's that lipgloss?" damian asked, cady looking up at him with a smile. "oh it's-" damian nodded. "no! oh that's amazing, i was just making sure your ears still worked." eden snorted quietly, cady not even flinching at his comment. she'd been in her own bubble ever since her popularity had started to overtake regina's and it was becoming annoying to witness.

"next up, our nominees for spring fling king and queen." janis mimed throwing up to which eden rolled her eyes at. every year, the nominees remained the same and every year it would be regina george that won. even with her declining popularity, she was still sure to be walking away with that crown. "for spring fling king we've got shane omen, aaron samuels and christian wiggins." cady's interest had perked at aaron's name, momentarily distracted from her reflection to pay attention to mr duvall's morning announcements. "and damian hubbard, what?" damian piped up, janis swatted him lightly.

"and finally the nominees for spring fling queen are," mr duvall cleared his throat. "regina george, karen shetty, gretchen wieners." both janis and damian parroted the names, ticking off a mock list in front of them. "typical," janis commented, tapping her nails off eden's desk. "yes such a massive surprise," eden muttered. "and caddy heron." eden's head shot up. "oh?" janis frowned. "ok that one is a surprise," eden corrected herself. "congratulations." cady grinned at her. "sorry," mr duvall studied the list in front of him, cady's face falling. "cady heron."

the announcements switched off, the students around them immediately diving into conversation about the nominees - mainly cady's surprise nomination and how she was about to completely overthrow regina. miss norbury shot her a small smile of encouragement but cady was far too caught up in herself to realise. "oh my god, so many people are texting me," she said. "should i text aaron, to congratulate him?" janis rolled her eyes. "no."

"hey do you need a lift this weekend?" janis asked. "because damian's borrowing his grandma's jazzy." cady frowned at janis, snapping her compact mirror shut. "for what?" janis' face fell slightly, her eyes trained on cady who was rooting around in her bag for her phone. "my art show?" janis glanced at eden. "didn't you just hear mr duvall talking about it?" cady refocused on the conversation. "oh that's this weekend?" janis inhaled sharply. "yeah?" her face had fallen at the slow realisation that cady was absolutely not attending the art show. damian and eden exchanged worried looks before glancing back towards cady.

"oh shoot, i have tickets with my mom to this thing in madison this weekend," cady sighed. "i can't go, i'm sorry." she tapped at her phone, snapping a couple of pictures of herself. eden's nose scrunched in disgust a little, even damian looked taken aback by the entire exchange and he was the one who had the most faith in cady not being a clone of regina. "yeah you seem super sad about it," janis scoffed, only tearing her eyes away from cady when she felt eden's hand on top of hers. she shook her head at the darker haired girl. "she's not worth it," she said quietly, not that it would've mattered - she could've screamed it at the top of the classroom and cady wouldn't have even looked up from her phone.

janis smiled at her but eden saw the way she looked at cady. eden could feel it too, cady was slipping out of their group and that was bad enough without them losing her to the plastics. it was bad enough that she seemed to not care about anyone but herself without her turning into regina george. "yeah we got you boo," damian piped up, clicking his fingers supportively at janis. eden hated to see janis upset, she hoped that cady would prove them wrong, that she wasn't going to turn into yet another person that hurt the girl that she loved.