seven.

eden pushed through the doors of nortshore high, nearly running straight into miss norbury as she did. "oh, sorry," eden moved sideways, embarrassment flooding through her. "actually, you are just the girl i wanted to see." eden shook her head. "i really don't have time for the mathletes." ever since she had learnt cady had turned them down, she'd been avoiding miss norbury like the plague. she was determined to get a girl into the mathletes and cady's grades had started dropping which meant eden was back to being in that top spot. not that she'd ever join the mathletes anyways.

"think about it," miss norbury sighed. "i could talk to cady," eden offered instead. miss norbury raised a brow at her. "please do not bully your peers into joining school clubs." eden smiled at her. "me? never," she replied. miss norbury didn't look entirely convinced that eden wasn't about to beg cady to join mathletes so she wouldn't have to hear about it every other week, but she also looked far too exhausted to argue with eden so she let it go. "i'll see you in class," she said, eden holding open the door for her so she didn't have to balance her coffee cup on the already wavering stack of books she was holding.

she spun around to see janis, damian and cady walking down the corridors. her stomach lurched for no reason, she really had to stop seeing cady as a threat. "hey!" janis' face lit up the second eden approached them and her earlier worries instantly seemed dumb. "tell her what you just told us." eden shook her head. "oh it's-" she was about to subtly let them know she did not care what the plastics were saying but cady had already started talking. "so they have this book, they call it the burn book," she said. "they use it to write mean things about the girls in our grade." eden frowned, she didn't think she would be interested in anything cady had to say about regina but that had sparked her interest more than she'd care to admit.

"wait, am i in it?" she asked, watching as cady tore her eyes away from her. "no," she shook her head. "none of you are." eden frowned at her. "regina has a burn book and janis isn't in it?" she asked before realising how that sounded. "sorry." janis shook her head. "no, that's what i said," she rolled her eyes. "bitches." eden narrowed her eyes at cady who was refusing to make eye contact with her or janis. she couldn't be mad at her if she wasn't telling the truth about whether they were in it or not because she was probably protecting their feelings. but eden's curiosity had been sparked and she really wanted to know what was in that book.

"what is this by the way?" damian rattled what looked like a candy bars plastic packaging in between cady and eden. "it's terrible." eden took the bar from him to inspect it, damian protesting in response. "oh it's a kalteen bar, here," cady passed two to both janis and eden, giving damian the chance to snatch his own back. "my mom used to give them to elderly people to help them gain weight." damian nodded. "i can feel it working."

"we should like crush this up and put it in regina's food!" eden stopped dead in her tracks, her focus on janis who had kept walking. "i need you to stop doing that," damian patted her on the shoulder. "if i fall over you, i'm taking you down with me." cady had a pretty similar reaction to janis, she had diverted to her locker to hide her obvious discomfort with that idea. "no," she shook her head. "i will keep having lunch with them," she said. "but that's it." cady glanced towards eden who was leant against the locker beside hers as if looking for confirmation that she was doing the right thing. eden nodded as subtly as she possibly could, cady obviously satisfied with that answer went back to putting her books into her locker.

"also we feel bad we yelled at you for liking aaron," damian said. eden looked to where janis was stood, an expression crossed her face that eden couldn't quite read before she tore her eyes away from eden's. "you should go for what you want." both janis and eden frowned at damian. they had not mentioned letting cady go for aaron while she was still involved with regina. although eden couldn't be bothered about whether cady did go for him or not, she could probably keep it a secret from regina until the blonde eventually got bored and tossed her aside. "what?" damian shrugged. "hetero allyship!"