Kabanata 21

"I didn't climb the corporate ladder to settle for uninspiring designs. Let's aim higher for our launch this year." I currently lack empathy in my expression because I doesn't embrace my employees' ideas. I didn't find them appealing, so perhaps it's wiser to refrain from acceptance rather than imposing them, risking the project's success.

"But Miss President, it would also be nice if we choose at least one of their ideas. We only have a little time, kung mag-iinarte pa tayo ay baka—" Hindi natuloy ang sinabi ni Avah nang magsalita ako.

"So you're saying na nag-iinarte ako?" I replied that she immediately shook her head and bowed. "Anong gusto mong iparating ngayon?"

I don't know and it looks like my head is going to break due to so much stress. We prepared for this meeting for several months and I was very excited to see their designs but I didn't like anything at all. I glanced at my employees and they didn't seem to be able to look at me, bumuntong-hininga ako at nagsalitang muli.

"Give me new designs again, and please? I don't need copycat designers in my company!" I tried to control my voice, pero nag-uumapaw yata ang galit ko. "Deadline 10 PM tomorrow...Meetings adjourned." Pagdeklara ko kasabay ng paglalakad ko palabas ng Conference room.

The only audible sound in the corridor was the click-clack of my stilettos. As I walked, the employees observed me, offering greetings. I adorned in a pearl white off-shoulder top with long sleeves and peanut brown trousers, I paired the outfit with brown Louis Vuitton stilettos and complementing brown gold accessories. Additionally, I carried a Gucci horsebit bag that caught the attention of onlookers.

Nang makasandal ako sa swivel chair ko ay saka lang ako nakahinga nang maluwag. I'm doing some stretching when I heard a couple knock on my door.

"Get in," sambit ko habang nakapikit.

"Miss President, Mr. Former President wants to talk to you..." Bungad ni Jana, ang sekretarya ko.

Napahilot kaagad ako sa sentido ko. Tumango ako at napabuntong hininga, alam ko na ang kasunod nito kaya uminom na kaagad ako sa kape ko bago ako mawalan ng gana.

"Nayumi, I heard you did not accept the designs of our designers. What goes through your mind and you suddenly reject their designs?" Ramdam ko ang galit ni Dad nang sabihin niya iyon.

Tumuwid ako sa pagkakaupo at hindi nagbigay ng reaksyon kaya nagpatuloy siya sa pagsasalita.

"You know we won't be able to launch again this year because of your selfishness? I know I told you that sometimes you should raise your standard when it comes to this but I'm not letting it get to the point where you don't like anyone and in denial! They worked hard for it, Nayumi...At least give a little support." Nangangatal na sabi ni Dad. "We can improve that, you can also guide them to make the style of clothes you want look better. Ano bang pumipigil sa'yo, anak?" He lowered his voice.

"Dad, you probably know why I'm doing this, right? Our sales are going down because of our designers' disgusting designs! If you want to put up with that, prepare yourself for the downfall of this company!" Hindi iyon pasigaw ngunit may diin sa boses ko. Gusto kong sumigaw pero hindi ko iyon magawa kay Daddy.

Sa loob ng anim na taon kong paghawak ng kompanya ay ngayon lang ako nakakaramdam ng pagbabago sa mga ideas ng mga empleyado ko. Tila nawawalan ng sigla ang mga designs nila.

"Fine," he cleared his throat. "I will be the President of this company again." He said that surprised me.

I think I disappoint him with what I said. I didn't mean to give the company back, especially since Dad is getting older. Even though he doesn't want to work again, it looks like my words might make him push to revive the company that I brought down.