Chapter 8: Long night

Solar's POV

Ruin had been gone for a while. They said that they were going to go ask Moon something but its been 5 hours. I'm starting to get worried. There's not much I can really do though. I have 2 options, sit here, or look for him. I told myself that if they aren't back in 10 minutes I was going to go search for them

Nine minutes pass by.

I hear footsteps.

Ruin opens the door and falls face forward. I catch him before he hits the ground. I look him up and down and realize he's all scratched up. I sit them up straight against the wall. 

" Ruin..? What happened? Are you okay? " I lift his head to make him look at me.

" Hey... I-I'm alright- " A weak chuckle slips from his mouth. " Just- g-got a little lost is all... "

" What do you mean you go lost? "

" I-I went to go find Moon in the daycare but only Sun was there. He t-told me that Moon was out at the market and should be about there so I-I went to go find him but- I realized I didn't know how to get there.. "

" But why are you all scratched up? Did you fall or something? "

" Uhm.. Something like that- I-I thought I saw Eclipse so I started freaking out- The fact that I was in such a large crowd didn't help.. "

" Oh Ruin.. " I hug him

They hug me back, " I blacked out because I-I was so overwhelmed- a-and I ended up in a ditch.. I-I'm sorry if I worried you I- " his voice trembles

" Hey you're fine- Its alright... I'm just happy you're okay. "

" Moon found me and brought me back to the Pizzaplex. I don't think I would've made it back without him "

" Just take a breather, alright? " I pull off of them and put my hands on their shoulders.

" Okay.. " They start to tear up. " A-again I'm so sorry if I worried you- "

" Ruin it doesn't matter anymore. Just calm down. you're here now. That's all that matters. " I wipe their tears.

He just hugs me and I pat his back. I'm glad he's okay.

" U-Uhm- W-would you mind sleeping with me tonight..? I-I Don't want to sleep alone.. "

I was slightly taken aback, " Uh- S-sure. Of course Ruin. "

I almost immediately hear them softly snoring after I answer. I smile and gently shuffle over to a wall and lean against it.

...They're so cute.. 

AAHH NO THEY AREN'T-

......

Okay they kind of are...

I put his head in my lap before leaning my head against the wall and slowly drifting off to sleep.

2 hours pass

I'm woken up by Ruin moving around in their sleep. He was mumbling think I couldn't make out, but I know that what he's saying isn't good.  I start to pet his head to comfort him through whatever he was seeing. 

" Shhh... It's alright.. " I whisper to them

I continue to pet them as they slowly calm down and lie still in their sleeping state. I look down at him and smile. 

Am I... falling for Ruin..?

No, no- that can't be- or.. or can it...?

My chest gets the fluttery-good-nauseous feeling again. Is what I'm feeling.. love?

That's it. That's the feeling. I'm falling for them.

Shit...

I cover my face as I feel it grow warm. Damn it- Why now! I should be focused on Eclipse and BloodMoon but for the past few days all I could think about was Ruin!

I sigh

Maybe.. 

Maybe this can work. 

If he likes me back that is...

I should get some sleep.

I put my hand on Ruin's and close my eyes as I fall back into my slumber.