Chapter 6

In the mirror of her chamber filled with handmaidens inspecting every inch of Lady Sálenos dress embody the vision queen Isabella demanded it to be. The dress bore a predominant red hue softened by delicate touches of cream white. The rich red fabric takes center stage, while subtle hints of cream white, perhaps in the form of intricate lace or floral accents, add a touch of grace. The gold detailing weaves through the ensemble, harmonizing the colors into a tapestry of elegance. In her reflection showcased an eager bride ready for a momentous occasion that will carry her to the very end but to Lady Sálenos it was the end, withering what was left of her native identity forced to become a Spanish queen. "You look beautiful my Lady" a woman said. "Magnificent you mean" a woman corrected. Sálenos knew they meant well but this day wasn't joyous, this was a horrific tragedy, "get out" she muttered seeming to elude the ears of the women's incessant chatting.

A scowl etched across Lady Sálenos face, fury ignited in her eyes, and her clenched fists revealed the brewing storm of anger within the woman. She became the savage woman. "Get out now!" She screamed feeling a brief moment of release when her room became empty yet she could still hear whispers not only of those of the servants but José Martín.

Lord Álvaro had requested an audience with Queen Isabella, which she, without judgment, gladly accepted. His lips curled into a smile. "Your grace," he said. "I would like to ask of you if Lady Sálenos could accompany Mariana and me before the wedding; she is ever so eager to meet her." Queen Isabella thought it strange, but she was too busy setting up preparations and agreed as long as he wouldn't keep Lady Sálenos long. "I wouldn't dream of it."

How utterly careless people can be to not protect those around them. With a knock on Lady Sálenos chamber doors Queen Isabella stood holding a fan with intricate black lace and a vivid scarlet canvas. "I will not wait any longer," she shouted; however, Lady Sálenos still would not answer, leaning her ear against the door, hearing muffled cries that became silent as Lady Sálenos opened the doors. "I apologize, your grace." Her voice was weak, as if she had been shouting, which was further investigated by her swollen, crimson eyes.
"You will meet with Lord Álvaro in his home," Isabella commanded, but Lady Sálenos remained distraught, her focus seemingly on the ground. "Look at me!" She yelled. "It is unwise to ignore your queen." Isabella's scolding is halted by Sálenos tears as her knees become weak and fall before her. "Oh, you can't be serious. It is just marriage, you ungrateful girl," the queen scoffed, tugging at Lady Sálenos arm, which was returned with a burst of ferocious shrieks. "How can you be so cruel? You bring me to this land, stripping me of all that I am, or otherwise, King Felipe, and you would order to have me pay for my misconduct with lashings."

Before Isabella could respond, Lady Sálenos ripped apart her Spanish assignments and hurled the chair from her desk to the ground, smashing it. Isabella demanded that she stop, but Lady Sálenos would not care to listen as the room became torn. Alas, her fury concluded with heavy breaths as she lay weakened on stone floors. "Savage girl, you don't realize how indebted you're to me," Isabella ridiculed, raising Sálenos's chin. "You will meet with Lord Álvaro, and I will forget all about your childish behavior," she whispered as Lady Sálenos nodded her head.