Beneath the Shadows of Torment pt 1

⚠️Reader Discretion is advised ⚠️

𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 : 𝓢𝔂𝓶𝓹𝓱𝓸𝓷𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓦𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓡𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮
𝓟𝓽 1

𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 : 𝓢𝔂𝓶𝓹𝓱𝓸𝓷𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓦𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓡𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓟𝓽 1

𝓖𝓮𝓽𝓸 𝓢𝓾𝓰𝓾𝓻𝓾 𝔁 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻

I sat there and watched, as he spoke his beliefs to all of us, "his people" he would call us. He walked back and forth, on the big stage. Telling us his tales, and experiences. The true religion we should follow, as he would say. That was... till he died, and something more sinister arose. Impersonating his mortals, and infesting his sheep's from the inside out. Till there was, no more.

"A wolf, in sheep's clothing" the congregation started calling him.

That's not him.

I know it's not him.

I saw his dead body.

"What's wrong Y/n? You look like you seen a ghost?"

6 Years Prior

"Thanks to him, I don't have does horrible night terrors anymore!" My fried yapped about this "cult" she joined. Which she pays 40 a month, to be a prime member.

"Do you hear yourself girl?" I laughed. "You sounds crazy right now, what helped you, was that you stopped watching those horror films."

My best friend rolled her eyes, and kept munching on her food. "He is pretty hot too, hopefully he notices me at some point" she trailed off, now in her head. I looked down, and played with my food. Not every hungry.

"Y/n tell me the truth, do you still see those things?" I started at my bowl of ramen, devoid of any thoughts. "It has gotten worse, hasn't it? You seem thinner and more drained, with each passing day."

I unfortunately possess the ability to perceive the unseen. I have the power to communicate with, and sometimes control it as I desire. However, there are times when their presence can be overwhelming, hindering my sleep. While some may see it as a blessing, I interpret it as a curse. The only moments I get of tranquillity, is when the sun shines high and mighty.

It even though, they don't seem to make an appearance. It doesn't imply, they won't linger in the darkness corners.

My gaze trailed out the window, I dissociated from my friends conversation, when I noticed a woman entering an alley way. A menacing curse trailed closely behind her, causing me to make a face. Abruptly, the creature shifted its attention, locking eyes with mine.