Beneath the Shadows of Torment Pt 2

⚠️Readers Discretion is Advised⚠️

𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓹𝓽2

"What's your name?"

"Y/n"

"Age?"

"20"

Y/n Can tell he was making mental notes.

"Now tell me, how long have you been burdened by this?" The steam from his hot tea, curling upwards as he sipped with a calm demeanor.

"Ever since I was 5. I can see and hear them."

"Any family history?"

"No. Just me."

The eerie feeling still lingered in the air, from the events that took place an hour or so ago.

"I can tell you aren't from here, that can also contribute to your situation. What's your ethnicity?"

"I'm Hispanic. I come from a small island."

Geto nodded "Your ancestors back in the days, were familiar with the practice of witchcraft. Someone from your past, must have cursed you. Whether it was intentionally, or not."

Y/n tried making sense of the situation, she sifted in her position.

"But wouldn't my parents have to be cursed?"

"Not necessarily. I used to know someone, whose family has a long history of seeing things. It some how skipped him, but was passed down to his son."

After what seemed a never ending exchange of information in the stillness of the night, Geto extended an unexpected offer—a room within the  confines of his religious quarters. The revelation of dormitories in this sanctified space caught Y/n of guard.

"You're welcome to stay as long as you like, with one condition," Geto's smile held an enigmatic warmth as he swung open the door to the compact dormitory.

"And what might that condition be?" Y/n inquired, curiosity blending with caution.

"You belong to me," Geto's words, uttered with softness, carried an unsettling weight. He turned to face her, his gaze steady and penetrating. "I see immense potential within you, Y/n. Your so-called 'curse' harbors great power. You are not akin to those monkeys, good for nothing but mediocrity."

He continued, outlining his terms with an air of authority. "I am willing to instruct you, to unveil the art of jujutsu within you. However, you must obey my every command, regardless of its nature without any questions."

Y/n, taken aback by the contrast between his soft-spoken manner and the harshness of his words, mustered a response. "You certainly have the audacity to make such demands of someone you've just met."

Geto's reply, delivered calmly, carried a hint of justification. "You may be correct, but let's not overlook who seek sought solace in my presence in such late hours, of the night."

A palpable silence enveloped the room, leaving Y/n grappling with the weight of the proposition.

"I shall take my leave now. Good night, Y/n," Geto bid, leaving her alone in the dormitory. As the door clicked shut, Y/n was left to grapple with the gravity of the proposition laid before her. She sat in the small bed, the dim glow of the solitary lamp flickered, casting dancing shadows that accentuated the uncertainty of her predicament.

Her mind replayed the events that led her to this position— the haunting whispers, the tormented nights, and the relentless search for understanding. Geto's offer appeared as both a lifeline and a labyrinth, promising answers at the cost of an allegiance she wasn't sure she could fully comprehend.

Y/n's gaze lingered on the door through which Geto had exited. The mysterious nature of the sorcerer left her questioning her place in this intricate dance with the supernatural. The eerie silence of the night seemed to magnify the solitude she felt, an echo of the isolation that had defined her existence.

But she was just glad, that is was quite for ones.

Meanwhile, in the quiet corridors of the religious edifice, Geto navigated the shadows of his own emotions. Behind the calm façade, a subtle turmoil brewed. The loneliness in Y/n's eyes resonated with a part of him that had long been dormant. Reminding him of the person, he ones used to be.

Geto found himself captivated by the vulnerability he glimpsed in Y/n's soul. Beneath the layers of her curse, he sensed a profound yearning for connection. The very connection he, too, had lost amidst the complexities of his own journey. A connection he missed every day, in this new journey of his.

As the night unfolded, it became a silent exchange of unspoken desires — Y/n seeking solace and understanding, and Geto grappling with the fragments of his own past.