Chapter 27: Victory Mark Ceremony

Luigi lay on his hammock, feverishly writing in his journal. He was organizing all the shocking information he was given, along with all that he knew from the Mushroom Kingdom's perspective. Given this, some things were not adding up, and others were falling perfectly into place like puzzle pieces.

He remembered Peach's words about Bowser being a threat for thirty years, which didn't make sense to him. After all, the current king had ascended to the throne when he was eighteen, and Junior was born when he was twenty-four. So, at present, the king was only thirty-four years old.

Luigi tapped his chin in thought. It was clear since day one that even the most basic information about Bowser or the Darklands was purely based on speculation and fear. So, a misconstrued timeline was no surprise. Hell, the Allied Kingdoms didn't even know he was married or had a child. Furthermore, judging from the serious distrust of the Mushroom Kingdom, the Darklands' queen successfully placed the blame entirely on Bowser's shoulders. If one could call that she-devil disguised as a Koopa such a thing.

She was horrible... demeaning... terrorized the castle.

Berated me behind closed doors.

Couldn't defend myself...

A burning rage, the likes Luigi had never felt, built within him. She laid her hands on him, he thought. He held his pen in a deadly vice. Bowser's words and tears shook him to his core. Luigi was not a person who easily hated others, but Stheno was different. She had crossed a line that only the most despicable beings would even think of crossing-

"Whoa. Luigi."

Mario gently shook his shoulder. Luigi relaxed his grip (he didn't want to break the pen and ruin his jumpsuit) and looked up. His brother chuckled nervously, "You're going to burn a hole in the wall, fratello," he said.

Luigi ran a hand through his face. "Sorry, just... thinking about everything that happened again," he replied.

Mario sighed in relief. "Jesus, you scared me," he said. "But... yeah, I get why you'd be mad. It's all really messed up and really put us behind schedule."

The younger twin closed his journal as he stood up. He tried his best to calm down; he's not really interested in the other kingdoms right now, as selfish as that may be. Luigi just wanted to help Bowser. He was sure that bitch had something to do with the collapse in peace negotiations; after all, she was tampering with royal correspondence.

Luigi knew, he just knew, that she committed even more crimes. Stheno must have done something more severe than just messing with letters; the Koopa king did mention that royal seals were stolen as well. Could Stheno have sent threats to the other kingdoms? If that were the case, it would be a discernible reason why the Allied Kingdoms alienated the Darklands. Peace had been at arm's length... A more serious transgression was the only thing that could explain Peach's reaction and her seemingly torn demeanor at the trial.

A knock pulled him from his thoughts. Mario answered it, "DK!"

"Sup."

With a confident gait, DK strode into the room, his once painful wounds now fully healed. The scar that ran across his face had faded, yet its presence lent him an air of ruggedness that only added to his charm. The Kong playfully shoved Mario, "Ready to finally get rid of that eel?" he asked.

Mario adjusted his cap, "Hell yeah!" he exclaimed. "Luigi, come with us! We could really use your help."

DK drummed his hands on the floor and encouraged Luigi to agree. He mulled over his response; it would be a good idea. Junior was back in Bowser's care, so he had nothing better to do. Plus, Luigi should get rid of this excess rage and get the Koopa Army to the next movie; kill two birds with one stone. Luigi agreed, much to DK and Mario's delight. Luigi put away his journal, quickly took his medication, and followed the two out of the house.