⚜ 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

slight smut, not much

,,

Being empress meant much more than just the title, you had control over multiple lands, kingdoms, an entire empire under your control alongside with your Emperor who made you who you are today. 

your husband, Qin Shi Huang. Although you two were arranged marriage just for the political aliances between two nations. yall never had any problems for a few years of marriage til now. 

for the next few years, you havent been able to birth out a heir. You never seem to know why, the imperial doctors said there was nothing unusual about your body what so ever. You start to worry a bit.   

 You also been a little against concubines since theyre quite useless since even if they did birth out a child for the emperor it would be a illegitimate child, meaning they wouldnt be in line to the throne unless it was the empress's child herself.

Why need concubines when you have your wife? your father the former emperor cheated on your mother with multiple concubines. well i wouldnt call it cheating but it still ruined their relationship. after that it was just plain out awkward for years. 

Your father wouldnt let your mother have male concubines for his own selfish desires. 

foolish. 

fortunately, your dear husband promised you. he wouldnt have any concubines without your permission. even if he did, he wouldnt pay them no mind, no attention, no love, lastly nothing going on in the bed.

people praised you for your awesome leadership, work, manners, politeness, etc. you could say yourself you were one of the best empress alive. losing you would mean the entire empire going down. you've been trained to be his since birth.  trained to become an empress. 

usual mornings, same mornings. 

wake up, bathe, let the maids change you, work, work, work, work, dinner with your husband, sleep. repeat. 

although today was quite different, Qin Shi had a meeting with his imperial advisors. although he wasnt the type of emperor to listen to his advisors, i guess what they said really hit him. since during dinner he asked all the servants to leave for a private conversation.

"my wife, dont you think its time for you to have an heir?" he spoke out after all the servants left.

his question made you stop in your tracks for a bit before setting down your utensils to fully pay your attention to him.

"I believe, i already know that." there was silence before you spoke again. "you already know what our doctors said about my body, nothing unusual. so why?"

"I don't know but this cant go on any longer, it wont take long before we grow old and by the time you give birth we would be in our graves." He spoke harshly.