⚜ 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

requested by unrequitedlovefic 

,,

everything was so well til SHE came along, why? why did he have to favor her more when he had you? why did he care for her so much when you did all the work in this empire? why did he took her side when it was so obvious whose child this was? 

you could never be yourself around nobody, it was only one person and it was the love of your life and now why did the Gods have to take him away also? you always put a facade to seem as a powerful empress your empire can respect but you didnt have nobody to depend on, you wanted to rely on somebody, you wanted to cast your burdens and worries to them for a least once but you couldnt and it was killing you inside. 

how could he never realized how special you were to him until you were gone?

you were working day and night, hours and hours, same goes for qin shi as well but at the end of the day you two would still find ways to see each other and talk to each other even if it was just for a few seconds. 

the bond between you two were strong, unbreakable everybody loved that their empress and emperor were madly in love. well, a least now anymore.

it was just a normal day like always, you went into the dining room where you and qin shi would always eat together. but he wasnt alone, he was with... another girl..? as you close the distance, you could really see clearly now. her platinum hair, clear soft white skin that indicated that she wasnt an ordinary one.

as you sat across from them, you looked at the woman and up close she indeed was quite a beauty. her green eyes sparkled like jewels,  she was wearing a plain light brown hanfu, not even a fancy one but she looked prettier than you... she was like an adorable weak innocent angel.

no. this wasnt like you at all, youre the mother of this empire. act like it.

you got rid of those negative thoughts as the servants brought out the dinner, "youre not going to say anything?" his voice echoed through the room.

you look up from your plate to his handsome face that was disturbed by a frown.

"it seems ive forgotten my manners, greetings to the sun of the empire." you said sarcastically. 

he just sighed, "this is ... Jiaxin, my new and first concubine." 

your eyes widen slightly in shock, but you kept your self composed while your gripped your hanfu. 

"why? i thought we wouldnt need one?" 

"my advisors told me i should get one if you cant conceive a child anymore, and so there can be back up. my love, dont worry about it.."

 lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie.