01

I sat in the car with tear brimming from my eyes and sobs continuously leaving my mouth.

I don't want to leave.
I never knew it would feel this excruciating.
I was leaving my home behind ,which is not even my home anymore, it never was.
All my childhood memory started flashing in front of my eyes.

paray ghar ki beti aakhir kar parai ho gyi

My mind was running through thousands and thousands of stuff when my husband slid beside.

He looked at me as if he wants to say something but he chose to be silent, gladly.

This is an arrange marriage and we barely know each other. I prefer not to have any conversation while I'm in this state.
                         -•°•-

"Maa, please I don't want to marry now" I said furiously.

"Aakriti, for once please think about your family" My mom said as if I have always been selfish.

" Maa abhi toh kitna kuch karna hai mujhe zindagi mein"I was now on the verger of crying, no way I'm getting forced to marry someone.

(Mom, I have so much to do in my life)

" So what? you can do whatever you want with your husband's permission"
she said it as if it's no big deal.

" Maa-"

" Enough Aakriti, I don't want to listen to anything. You are getting married that's the final.

                          -°•°-

He signalled the driver to start the car and I starred crying like a mad man, I was screaming in such powerfully pierce voice that whole neighborhood would get alarmed.

My husband's hand slowly trailed towards me, he then took my hand on his and gave it a squeeze as if saying 'I am there' .
I just nodded.

We stayed quite the whole time and I am not sure when I dozzed off.

"Aakriti" I heard someone calling my name.

I lifted my lashed to see the face of my husband.
Without sharing any words we got down of the car.

My mother-in-law was standing on the door of my new home with aarti ki thali.

I have been preparing myself from past three months for this day.
Three months of everyone along with me convincing myself that this is my fate.
'Everything will be fine' they all said.

She smiled at us, happy that her son finally got married.

She did our aarti and told me to lightly kick the kalash.

I was then asked to put my feet in the thali filled with aalata and the walk in house.

After series of different rituals I was taken to my new room.

Nandani di, my husband's younger sister took me there.

"From now on this is your room bhabhi" she said making me sit on the bed which is decorated with roses and several other flowers.

I smiled at her, I'm not in the state of speaking.

"Aare kuch boliye bhi, mere bhaiya ko goongi ladkiya pasand nahi" she said in a sour tone but I let it go as I don't want any quarrel in my sasural.

( Say something, my brother does like mute girls)
(sasural - in-law's/husband's house)

"Ji" I nodded.

She gave me a judgemental look and went saying "He with come within few minutes."

Even though Nandani di is younger than my husband, she is still four years older than me so I address her with respect.
My husband is nine years older than me.

"Oh God, it's not gonna be easy" I groaned.

Everything will be fine

I just sat on the bed not knowing what to do, should I just remove this heavy jewellery and clothing? or should I wait for him?

I came out of my thoughts when the door of my room opened and he entered.

His eyes got locked with mine for few seconds before I looked down.

I am really not prepared for any of this.

Bholenath bacha lijiye

He locked the door and started walking towards me.

Oh God please don't say that he's going to force me.

He sat beside me and said my name "Aakriti"

When I didn't reply, he held my hand.

Hey y'all I would like all of you to be aware that I'm no professional writer and there would be mistakes here and there.
If you find anything off, you are allowed to point it politely.
I would not stand any criticism like aakriti does.

Have a wonderful day <3

-wanderer