13

Aakriti's Pov

My mouth hung open seeing the person in front of me, a loud gasp escaped my lips.

"Vaishali"

"Aakriti"

"Vaishali!!!"

"Aakriti!!!"

"Vaishaliii"

"Aakritiii"

We both jumped into each others, my lips streched in a wide smile with soft giggles escaping here and there.

It was so good to see a known face in this unknown house.

"Ab yahi khada rakhogi ya andar be bulaogi" She says releasing.

(Now, will you keep me standing or invite me in)

I stepped aside to allow her in.

Our house wasn't that big but it was still clean and maintained, and I knew there was nothing to be embarassed from in front of Vaishali.

My eyes fell on the bag Vaishali was carrying, hmm, she gonna stay for few days?

Ab maza ayega na, meri bhi team assembly ho rahi  hai.

"Why didn't you inform me before about your arrival, I would have cooked something special for you" My mind wandered at how I ditched to cook today.

" Surpriseeeeee Aakriti"She pulls me in a side hug making me laugh.

Oh the old times ...

" Woh actually jiju asked me to come here for few days, since no one was at home and he had to be in office so unhe tumko akela nahi feel karana tha"she elaborates tha reason.

(Actually, Rishabh had asked me to come here for few days, since no one was at home and he had to be in office so he didn't wanted you to be all alone)

My heart stops hearing his name.

Rishabh ji really? My smile widened and I felt my heart at peace.

Chalo thode gusse wale hai par care bhi karta hai.

(Cool, he might have some anger issues but he's caring too)

"Blushing blushing, huh?" He said in teasing tone.

"Shut up yarrr" I say trying to hide my smile.

Okay Rishabh ji deserves a very nice and heartfelt thankyou for being this thoughtful.

There were only four bedrooms in this house, one belonged to us, other to Vicky bhaiya and Ragini di and one to my mother in-law and one to Nandani di.

I didn't feel it was right to let her stay in the room belonging to them, so I took her in mines.

After getting freshed up she lay on the bed and I could tell she was pretty tired.

"How's your studies going" I asked her.

"Hmm, good, but you know college is not the same without you" she says pouting.

There will always be a hole in my heart and guilt in my mind for not completing my higher studies.

"Chor na, I'm happy here" I say with a happy heart.

Was I really happy here?

Do I even have any option.

We both talked a lot, I told her about how scared I was of Rishabh ji when I first came here, but his calm and understanding demeanour gave some peace to me.

I couldn't help but blush while telling her about the day he took me to market for valentine's day and how he took care of me when my hand got burnt.

She was listening patiently, reply hear and there but letting me speak.

We talked for what felt like an hour when her stomach growled and I remember I still haven't prepared for lunch.

Aatithi Devo Bhava, Aakriti, why are you forgetting that.

I slightly shook my head and  said "Wait, I'll cook lunch"

But she stopped me "Sit na, let's talk I'll order something"

"But it wouldn't take much time Vaishu, don't spend money unnecessarily" I protested.

"But I want to sit and talk, and don't forget jiju sent me here to take care of you and not make you feel lonely. Sit" She said sternly and I finally gave up.

Our food arrived soon and we ate while talking.

It was evening now and I had to make dinner.

Vaishali was helping me too by the time it was dark outside, the work was done.

I looked at the clock, it was 8'O clock.
Rishabh will be home soon.

"Aakriti, let's go to rooftop. The breeze during night is so soothing" Vaishali suggests and nodded.

We both went to the rooftop and stood near the edge, I looked down at the busy street and it was glittering from the lights of vehicles and street lights.

The breeze was touching me and it was really soothing.

I sat on the floor and looked up at the starry sky.

It all felt so good.

I heard footsteps reaching us and I knew he was here.

He cleared his throat making me and Vaishali turn.

He gave us a sweet smile.

"Toh aap aa gyi sali sahiba" He says to her.

(So you came, sister-in-law)

"How could I not, when you asked me to" She teased him and we both laughed.

He came forward and handed us icecream making me giggle and jump.

We all sat down and had our ice cream while Vaishali and him were making the most of the conversation, I was just staring and smiling.

Sorry for late update lovelies.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

You vote and reviews are appreciated.

All love,
-Wanderer