04

Rishab's pov

I entered room after an hour or so, I guess Aakriti must have slept by now.

I leave my room saying I have to have some conversation with bhaiya, just so Aakriti fall asleep without feeling uncomfortable.

It does make me a bit upset that she is not comfortable enough with me, with her husband.

I want to make her feel safe with me but I don't know how?

When our marriage was fixed, I wished to take her out and get to know her but my mother said that the bride and groom shouldn't meet eachother before marriage.
She didn't even let me take her phone number, so we never chatted.

After our marriage too, there's so much distance between.
I see it in her eyes that she doesn't want to be here, with me.

Ab apne hi pati se kitne der bhagogi.

I was welcomed by a peacefully sleeping Aakriti. She looked so serene while sleeping, her face hold an innocence which I want to keep forever.

Her eyebrows which is always seen in a frown are relaxed now, her louts like eyes which looks at me with confusion and a sense of fear are closed now, her lips which looks oh so soft are slightly parted to let her breathe.

Will she let me adore her if she was awake? probably no.

I slept beside her, keeping some distance between us and went off to sleep.

_-_

My eyes flew open hearing the alarm clock, I shut it down.

My parents used to go for a morning walk every morning, after my father death my mother became lifeless.
For the world me and my siblings lost our father but only we knew that we lost our mother too.

She was so full of life and love, always smiling and carrying a cheerful attitude which made this house like home.
Our home was delighted with the honey claded voice of her everytime she did Aarti.

All of those gone in one single night.

Me and my brother took an oath to not make our mom and Nandani feel lonely.

We go on morning walk everyday at 5 O' clock, we have chat and golgappe every Sunday at chawk and cook biryani at the end of every month.
All of these things my dad and mom did together.

I washed my face and brushed before meeting my mother and brother.
They both wished me morning and I returned the courtesy.

We both walked through the alleys before reaching an open ground where we did suryanamaskar and some streching.

Me and my brother sat on a bench while my mother gossiped with her age-group ladies.

maa meri hi hai, but chuglikhor hadi hai

"Did you complete the file boss asked you to?" My brother asked.

We both work in the same company.
Birla Ltd.
It's an advertisement company which pays us quite good.

I work as a script writer whereas my brother is engaged with dealing the set and models.

"Yes, that's done." He nodded at my response.

"why don't you take leave frome office?" He looks at me " Jaa aakriti ko kahi ghuma la, ghar aur maa sambhalne ke liye mai aur teri bhabhi hai toh"

(Go, take Aakriti out somewhere. Me and Ragini are there to take care of the house and mom)

Where Nandani always had mom beside her, I had Vijay bhaiya.

He is someone who understands me and my situation.
He guides me when needed and joke around when I need to release some tension.

He is my father and my best friend.

"Aap apne chote bhai ko honeymoon pe bhej rahe ho?" I raise my eyebrow.

(Are you asking your younger brother to go on a honeymoon)

" Ab tujhe nahi jana toh mat jaa" He said huffing.

(Now, if you don't wanna go then don't go)

"It's not like I don't wanna go, aap toh jante hi hai maa thodi purane khayalat ki hai" I know taking out Aakriti this soon will piss off mom.

(Mom is of old thinking)

" Rishabh bura mat manna" My brother started with a serious expression " Tu abhi jis stage pe hai, usse m gujar chuka hu aur yaad rakhna ki kabhi kabhi abhi biwi ki sunna aur yaad rakhna maa purane khayalat wali hai"

(Rishabh, don't take it in a bad way. I have gone through the stage you're in now and sometimes it's better to listen to your wife keeping in mind that mom is of old thinking)

I nodded at his words, trying to understand what he actually meant.

" Let Aakriti be comfortable enough with me, phir ghumane ke jaungi " I said with a smile.

(The I'll take her out)

" Jaisa tujhe sahi laga "

( What is right to you)

We sat there till my mom was done with her talking session, after which we headed towards our house.

It was 7 am by now and Aakriti along with bhabhi was in kitchen while Nandani sat in mother's room watching some reality show in TV.

I went in my room rearranging my file till my brother takes a shower.

I opened the almirah to take out some paper which was supposed to go in the file but to my bad luck the papers flew down on the floor.

I started picking those up when my eyes fell on a paper which stuck out like a sore thumb.

This paper was a bit dusty with tore edges unlike mine which were clean and crisp.

Taking a look at it I realised it's a letter.

Dear Devansh,

Hi love...

I hope everyone is having a lovely day
-wanderer