05

Aakriti's pov

When I woke up Rishabh wasn't there as usual and I was glad as usual.

Completing my morning routine I went to kitchen to prepare breakfast while Ragini di did other chores of house.

When my work was done Ragini di came in and served everyone while I stayed in to pack tiffin for him and bhaiya.

After the men of the house left for office. I along with Ragini di had our breakfast, and then again we went in kitchen.

I was now preparing for lunch while Ragini di did the dishes.

We chatted, sharing memories.
She told me about her experience when she became the daughter-in-law of this house.

This must have been harder for her, she was all alone when she came here.
At least I have her. I'm very glad of it.
God knows what I would do if I didn't have her.

woh dono maa beti milke toh mujhe kha hi leti

(the mother daughter duo would have eaten me alive)

As was engrossed in making the curry, Nandani di entered the kitchen.

saitan ka naam liya aur saitan haazir

(talk of devil and the devil is here)

She takes a glass of water and drink silently then practically throws it in the sink where Ragini di was washing the dishes.

"Nandani di! aaram se nahi rakh sakti hai" I shouted without thinking much.

(Nandani di! Can't you put it without throwing)

Ragini di shakes her head, looking at me with pleading expression.
And I realised what I did.
Did I just shouted at baalon wali chudail of this house.
But she deserved it...

"Aakriti, didn't I warn you last time to watch your tone while talking to me"she said with her oh so devilish look.

"But didi, I just taught you basic etiquette" I said firmly making her release fumes through her nose.

Without any words shared she stormed out of the kitchen.

" Dekha di, darr ke bhag gyi" I giggle looking at Ragini di.

(See Ragini, she ran away)

"Aakriti, unn dono ko halke m mat lo" she warns "main teen saal se dekh rhi hu."

(Aakriti, don't take them lightly. I have been seeing this for three years now)

I just shook my head and smile at the victory of shutting down Nandani the baalon wali chudail.

After finishing her dishes, Ragini di chopped some spinach as I can prepare saag.

The curry was done so I put down and without switching off the gas burner I started to wash the chopped spinach.

Even though Ragini di had washed it before chopping.

I was washing it when I heard footsteps entering the kitchen, Ragini di came back I guess.

I didn't look back and continued my work and suddenly I was pulled back and my hand was over the flaming stove.

"Meri beti se jaban lada rahi thi, kya samjhti hai khud ko tu" My mother-in-law spats.

(Who do you think you are to talk back to my daughter)

I screamed and tried to remove my hand but she didn't let me.

"Do kodi ki ladki, tu ab hume sikhaigi kya kaise kiya jata hai. Aare tujh jaise ladki ko toh raste ke kutta noch kha jaye woh accha" she shouts looking disgustingly at me.

(You cheap girl, now you'll teach us etiquettes. You should be thrown in the street and I teared and eaten by the streetdogs)

"Maa ji, please choriye" I pleaded to
her.

(Mom, please leave me)

Ragini di and Nandani di came rushing to kitchen hearing my screams.

"Aare tujhe pura nahi jala diya wahi bohot bada upkar kiya hai tujhpe" she says and pushes me away.

(Be glad that I didn't burn your whole body)

"Aare maa, iski jaban kyu nahi jalai" Nandani says looking at my fallen figure on the floor "Aage se apna ye bada muh kholne se pehle yaad rakhna... bhabhi ji" she gaves me a sarcastic smile and both devils exist the kitchen.

(Why didn't your burned her mouth, Mother. Next time remember this before opening your mouth... dear sister-in-law)

Tears streamed down my cheeks and I opened my mouth to cry but no words came out. My chest was heaving I felt difficulty in breathing.

Bholenath ye kis ghar m bhej diya mujhe

Ragini di came rushing to me and examined my hand.

"Aakriti, bataya tha na tujhe unse panga mat le" she says but I didn't react.

I feel numb in my soul.
It's like I'm lifeless.
Among of all the people I find myself alone,
I scream in pain but their ears are deaf.
I try to cry but no tears are left
and even on the most sunny day.
All I see darkness.

Have a lovely day people
~wanderer