Chapter 1

Heatwave and Quickshadow when they first met they had tendency to disagree at first. They also didn't really get along at first. But they became really good friends. But soon their feelings for each other started to grow.

They soon realized how much they cared about each other. Both of them had fallen for each other. They were very happy to be in love. It was like they were meant to be together. They were so happy to be together.

Heatwave came up to Quickshadow a couple of years later of dating. "Quickshadow will you bond with me?" Heatwave asked.

"Yes," Quickshadow said. "I would love to bond with you Heatwave," she said.

So the bond ceremony preparations had begun. "What is bonding for Cybertronians might I ask?" Kade asked.

"Yes I am wondering about that too." Graham said.

"I must admit we all are a bit curious about it," Chief said.

"Bonding is basically marriage for Cybertronians," Heatwave said. "It is meant to be for as long as both partners shall live like human marriage," he said. "A bonding ceremony is a lot like a human wedding but it a little different in some ways. For instance there is a ribbon tied around the couples wrists before the vows. Then once the vows are said the ribbon is cut, then the couple places on cyber rings they designed themselves on their new bondeds finger. Then the couple then makes a promise to each other and they kiss and after that they are declared husband and wife." he explained.

"That sounds rather interesting," Doc said.

"It is," Quickshadow said. "That is just one type of bonding ceremony," she said. "This type comes from Iacon a city state where both Heatwave, and I were born," she said.

"In New Kaylis, where Chase and I are from the couple steps on spark glass sparklers creating a bright flash of warm light when the kiss happens," Blades said.

"In Polyex where I am from there is a special item with two halves the couple joins together after the kiss," Boulder said.

"I come from Iacon much like big red, Quickshadow and Optimus," Hightide said.

"Same here," Salvage said.

"Well I come from planet Velictron there a couple has a race held in their honor after the bonding ceremony and they must choose who will compete in the race. They must choose competitors for it carefully because the winner will be the mentor of their child," Blurr explained.

"That is different from anything on Cybertron," Blades said.

"Different Cybertronian planets have different customs." Optimus said.

"That be right," High Tide said.

They were all very busy preparing for the big day. Heatwave and Quickshadow were even setting a date for their bonding ceremony. They wanted it to be in the spring. 

They were almost done setting it all up. "There we go everything is taken care of," Heatwave said.

"Yes everything is now all planned," Quickshadow said. "Now we can focus on the big day that lies ahead of us," she said.

"That is a good thing too," Heatwave said. "Now we can do what we need to do too," he said. 

Then the big day came. Everyone was coming. Heatwave was busy getting himself ready for it. He was busy washing, polishing and waxing himself. He wanted to look great for Quickshadow. 

Quickshadow was doing the same thing, she was washing, polishing and waxing herself. She was wanting to look great for Heatwave. 

The others were busy getting ready too. The humans of Griffin Rock got into nice clothes for this big day. They were already for it too. They wanted see this bonding ceremony and watch how it works.

Optimus even arrived for the big event. 

Now everyone was busy preparing for this moment. They wanted to be ready for it. 

Now Heatwave was already for the big day. He was at the altar ready for it to begin. He was fighting butterflies in his stomach as Chief would put it. He was ready for this to start.

Then Quickshadow came down the aisle. She looked so lovely. Heatwave wondered how she could be more beautiful than she is now. 

Quickshadow took Heatwave's hand and stood with him at the altar. Optimus was there to officiate the ceremony because he was a prime. "Everyone we are gathered here today for the bonding of Heatwave and Quickshadow," Optimus said. "This moment is important for them, from the time they met as strangers, to sweethearts to now bride and groom. Their love is strong and the strength of commitment to each other and those they care about undeniable," he said. "Now I tie this special ribbon around their wrists to signify when bonded they are one," he said. "Heatwave do you take Quickshadow as your wife? To have her for the good, the bad, happiness, sadness, and more?' Optimus asked.

"I do," Heatwave said.

"Quickshadow do you take Heatwave as your husband? To have him for the good, the bad, happiness, sadness and more?" Optimus asked.

"I do," Quickshadow said.

"Now with cutting of the ribbon you will now present your rings to each other," Optimus said cutting the ribbon.

Heatwave placed a ring with a starburst design on Quickshadow's left ring finger. Then Quickshadow placed a ring with a flame design on Heatwave's left ring finger. 

"Now it is time to make your promises to each other," Optimus said.

"Quickshadow, I promise I will be there for you and have your back no matter what life throws at us, and I will always love you forever," Heatwave said.

"Heatwave, I promise, I will stand by your side always and be there for you no matter what, and no matter what may change in our lives I will love you forever," Quickshadow said.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," Optimus said. "You may kiss the bride," he said.

Heatwave and Quickshadow kissed each other. Both of them are very happy. The people and bots cheer. They are so happy for them.

There was big party at the end of the bond ceremony. Many of the humans and bots were having a good time together. Heatwave and Quickshadow were happily dancing with each other. They were so happy to finally be together. "I love you so much," Heatwave said.

"I love you too," Quickshadow said.

"I am the happiest bot alive," Heatwave said.

"I am the luckiest girl ever," Quickshadow said. 

The two of them were watching the stars that night after all that has happened that day. "This was the happiest day of my life," Heatwave said.

"I am so happy we are together now," Quickshadow said. 

Then a shooting star went across the sky. "Look at that," Heatwave said.

"I think that means good luck," Quickshadow said. 

"I think so too," Heatwave said.

Then the two of them kissed. They soon went to bed looking forward to spending the rest of their lives together.