Chapter 3

Quickshadow was now in her second trimester with her and Heatwave's sparkling. They were really happy. "I wonder what our sparkling is going to look like," Heatwave said.

"I wonder if it is a boy or a girl," Quickshadow said.

"I am wondering that too," Heatwave said. "I think it might be a girl," he said.

"But I have feeling in my gut that it's a boy," Quickshadow said.

"Well that does sound interesting," Heatwave said. "We just have to wait and see," he said.

"We sure do," Quickshadow said.

They began to think of names for their sparkling. They were wondering what they should call there sparkling.

"I wrote down a few names," Quickshadow said. "But I don't know which name would be good for our sparkling," she said.

"I know choosing a name isn't going to be easy," Heatwave said. "There is no way to tell what the sparkling is going to be until later in the pregnancy by ultrasound," she said.

"I know that dear," Quickshadow said. "We just have a lot of thinking to do and such," she said.

A bit later. "So are you two going to decide to find out if it is a boy or a girl?" Kade asked.

"We are thinking it would be nice to know if was a boy or girl," Quickshadow said.

"Well it is you two's decision to find out," Ratchet said. "Quickshadow it is almost time for the next ultrasound," he said.

"I know we will be in the medical bay shortly," Quickshadow said.

Heatwave and Quickshadow were now in the medical bay. Quickshadow was five months pregnant. She was growing now so it was easy to tell she pregnant. "Okay now let's take a look shall we," Ratchet said.

Quickshadow laid down on the bed and was ready. Ratchet put gel on her middle and started to do the ultrasound. Ratchet turned the screen for them to see. "There is your little sparkling," Ratchet said. 

"Looks a lot more like a sparkling now," Heatwave said.

"At five months the sparkling is more developed right now," Ratchet said. "The sparkling still has more developing and growing to do before it is ready for the outside world," he said. "There is the head right there and there is back," he said. "Okay I can see the what the sparkling is because it is very obvious," he said.

"Well what is it?" Quickshadow asked.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Heatwave asked.

"It's a boy," Ratchet said. "See right there between the legs, I can see it as clear as day," he said.

"I see it too," Quickshadow said.

"I see it too," Heatwave said. "We are having a son," he said. 

"I am so happy about this," Quickshadow said.

They left the room a bit later. "Well did you find out what the sparkling is?" Blurr asked.

"Yes what is it?" Salvage asked.

"It's a boy," Heatwave said.

"Congratulations," Blades said.

"Yes that is good news," Boulder said.

"That is wonderful to hear," Chase said.

Heatwave and Quickshadow began to get things ready for their son. They made sure everything was ready and going well. They wanted the room to be ready for their son who was going to be born soon.

Heatwave just finished painting the nursery. He was now starting to set up other things in there too. Boulder helped build a few of the things for the sparkling's room. They were busy putting it together.

"Okay I just finished the crib," Boulder said.

"Yes with three months to go until the sparkling is born we have to get this ready," Heatwave said.

"We sure do," Chase said.

Heatwave, Boulder, Blades and Chase finished putting together the nursery. He was almost finished putting it together too.  "There we go," Heatwave said. "The crib is now in place," he said.

"I got the changing table in place," Blades said.

"Okay everything is in place now," Chase said.

"There the mobile was the last thing," Chase said.

"Great now I can surprise Quickshadow with the finished nursery," Heatwave said.

Heatwave came to the other room where Quickshadow was, she was busy sewing together a plush rhino for the sparkling. She thought of using that animal after seeing one. She hoped her sparkling would like it.

"Almost finished," Quickshadow said.  "There we go, it is now all put together," she said. "It looks great and it is nice and sturdy," she said double checking it. "It is nice and soft too," she said feeling it. 

"That looks great Quickshadow," Heatwave said. 

"Thank you, I worked really hard on it for the sparkling," Quickshadow said. "I hope our son likes it," she said.

"I have a feeling he will love it," Heatwave told her. "Come on I have a surprise for you," he said helping her up. He covered her optics and lead her to the nursery.

"Can I look now? Come on I want to look now," Quickshadow said.

"Take it easy don't freak out the sparkling," Heatwave said.

"The sparkling is doing fine," Quickshadow said. "I am just excited about what you might show me," she said.

"Okay no peaking," Heatwave said.

"Okay," Quickshadow said closing her optics. Heatwave lead her into the room. Then he turned on the light.

"You can open your optics now" Heatwave said.

Quickshadow opened her optics. She saw the nursery. "This is our sparkling's nursery?" Quickshadow asked.

"Yes this is our son's room," Heatwave said.

"It is amazing," Quickshadow said.

"The other rescue bots helped me put it together," Heatwave said. "They all had a part to contribute to it," he said. "Salvage helped by making the toy box," he said. "Blurr helped me paint it," he said. "Chase made sure everything was safe," he said. "Boulder made almost everything in here," he said. "High Tide got the sparkling tub," he said. "The Burns family helped out by making a large enough baby monitor to use with the help of Doc." he said. "It is now finally finished," he said.

"This is a wonderful surprise," Quickshadow said. "Just in three more months we are going to be parents," she said.

"I am looking forward to this," Heatwave said.

"We still have to think of a name," Quickshadow said.

"I know I am still thinking about it," Heatwave said. "His name doesn't have to be Heatwave Jr. I like other names," he said. "But I have a feeling we will know what name suites him when he is born," he said.

"I think so too," Quickshadow said. "We just have to wait and see," she said.

It was only going to be three months until the sparkling is born. So it was quite an exciting time indeed.