Chapter 7

Hot shot was soon five years old. Hot shot was wondering if he was going to have any playmates. His own age and size. It was fun playing with human children, but many of them were older than him and none of them were his size. Hot shot was wondering if he was ever going to get play mates his own size.

More Cybertronians were now here on Griffin Rock with their families to live. They were hoping this would be a good place to raise their families. Boulder even built an area that was meant for the Cybertronian children. They were even finished up a school where the Cybertronian children could learn. Hot shot was wondering about the building all the stuff going on. Hot shot was hoping things were going to be just fine.

Hot shot was still hoping for some playmates and friends his own age. Hot shot was tired of playing by himself. "Poor Hot shot it isn't easy not having anyone your own age and size to play with," Cody said.

"Yes Hot shot does seem rather lonely," Heatwave said. "I wonder if we can do anything to help," he said.

"Maybe there are some Cybertronian kids his age with the ones who moved to Griffin Rock recently," Graham said. "I saw quite a few families who came in," he said.

"Plus Hot shot is going to start Kindergarten soon, he will make new friends then hopefully," Dani said.

"I sure hope so," Heatwave said.

Hot shot was wondering about Kindergarten and was a bit nervous. "What is Kindergarten like?" Hot shot asked.

"It is where kids go when they first start school officially," Graham said.

"Yes and Kindergarten is a lot of fun," Kade said.

"Yes and there will a lot of kids your age," Dani said.

"This class you will be in will be at the new Cybertronian school here and all the kids will be Transformers like you," Blades said.

"What happens in Kindergarten?" Hot shot asked.

"You will start to learn things like the alphabet," Graham said. "You will learn about numbers too," he said. "You will learn about colors too," he said. 

"You will also hear stories too," Dani said.

"You will also get to play with toys, dress up and make art," Kade said.

"You will also get a chance at making some friends," Cody said. "This new school is meant for young transformers like you," he said.

"Well I am kind of scared," Hot shot said.

"It is kind of scary starting something new," Dani said. "It can also be hard doing something new at first too," she said. "But once you start trying it will be much easier for you," she said. "So try not to worry too much," she said.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

Then when August rolled around Hot shot was getting things he needed ready for school. Hot shot was used to seeing Huxley's cameras. He knew Huxley was documenting his life for a series that happens only on Griffin Rock. He was doing it that way to keep the rescue bots secret. He was being very careful about it too. 

Hot shot was holding on to Heatwave's hand. Hot shot saw the school and it was big. "This is a big school," Hot shot said.

"Well Hot shot your a big boy now," Heatwave said. "Are you ready to be brave son?" he asked.

"Yes," Hot shot said.

Hot shot went into the school holding on to his father's hand. They went to his classroom. Heatwave saw Hot shot's teacher. "Hello I am Sunray." the bot said.

"Hello I am Heatwave and this is my son Hot shot," Heatwave said.

"Hello Hot shot," Sunray said.

"Hi," Hot shot said. "Today is my first day of school," he said.

"Today is everybody's first day of school Hot shot," Sunray said. "This is the very first time for your first day of school," she said. "While other kids this one of many first days of school they experienced," she said.

"Yes Cody has had a few first days of school himself as have his siblings," Heatwave said. "I have had my first days of school when I was young, but now I am grown up and do training to keep up with my work," he said.

"Oh," Hot shot said.

"I got to go now Hot shot," Heatwave said. "But I will be back I promise," he said.

"Okay," Hot shot said. 

Hot shot was a bit nervous and started to settle in. Hot shot saw his seat and sat down. Hot shot saw there were four other bots at his cluster. "Hi I am Hot shot," Hot shot said.

"Hi I am Whirl," Whirl said.

"Hi I am Medix," Medix said.

"Hi I am Hoist," Hoist said.

"Hi I am Wedge," Wedge said.

"Nice to meet you," Hot shot said. "I am kind of nervous about being here, I never been to school before," he said.

"I think none of us have been to school before since this all of our first day at Kindergarten," Medix said.

"I am scared I have never been away from my parents for almost a whole day," Hoist said.

"I am nervous because my family moved off Cybertron to live here, I never been off Cybertron," Wedge said.

"I am kind nervous and excited about this, because this all so new," Whirl said.

Hot shot, Whirl, Hoist, Medix and Wedge all began to get to know each other. They were becoming good friends. They were all playing together. They were making art together. They played dress up together. They played with toys together. They even sat together to meet the other kids there in the Kindergarten. The teacher was singing to greet them. They were all getting to know each other.

There were other kids in the classroom besides Hot shot, Hoist, Medix, Whirl and Wedge. There was also Brushfire, Blaze, Mach, Glow, Scorch, Timespeed, Motorrun, Runoff, Tension, Rockclimb, and Velcro. They were all there to start Kindergarten. They were all very happy to be there. They were all going to get to know each other.

They all had fun at story time. They even got to play at recess. At the end of the day Heatwave came back. Hot shot was eager to tell his family about his day. "I met the kids in my class, I played with Whirl, Hoist, Medix and Wedge the whole time I was there and we did a lot of things in class together," Hot shot said. "I think I made my first friends," he said.

"We are very happy for you Hot shot," Boulder said.

"You have more school tomorrow so you will see your friends again," Heatwave said. 

"Oh boy," Hot shot said.

Hot shot has just started school and made new friends. He had more adventures in store for him.