Chapter 6

Hot shot was now a little toddler cybertronian. He was toddling all over the place. He was very curious too. Hot shot liked to look at things and try to grab them. Hot shot was very active still too. Hot shot wouldn't sit still for a second. He really loved to be on the move. He was very healthy and active child. Hot shot still got a few dents and dings like any other active cybertronian child.

Hot shot was learning many new words. Hot shot was very clever too. He was well loved by his parents, the team, the Burns family, the Greene family and the people of Griffin Rock. They all loved him very much. 

Hot shot was showing to be a child who was always on the move. Hot shot loved to be active. Hot shot was growing up fast. Like any transformer toddler he was unable to transform. 

"I noticed something how come you can transform and Hot shot can't," Kade said.

"That is because Hot shot is only a year old Kade," Blades said. "Most Cybertronian's don't transform for the first time until the are 3 to 6 years of age," he said. "His t-cog isn't full developed yet, so once he gets a little older he will be able to, until then he depends on his little legs to get him there, or his parents to carry him," he said. "That is the way it is until he gets old enough," he explained.

"Also when he is 3 to 6 years old he will start trying to transform to, because he has seen all of us do it along with his parents, so he will try to do it so he can keep up and be like us," Ratchet said. "It is quite normal actually," he said.

"Oh," Kade said. He felt he understood now. 

Hot shot was growing up quickly. Before everyone knew it he was 2 years old. He was still very active. Hot shot had even figured out how to run. It was a bit wild for all the bots there to handle active little Hot shot.

They had to find ways to keep Hot shot busy. Hot shot always wanted to play. Hot shot would misbehave sometimes. When that happened Hot shot got a time out. Hot shot didn't like the time outs but he cooperated. Once the time out was over he was much better behaved. He was a very good little boy otherwise.

Hot shot played with Servo often too. Servo loved to play with Hot shot. Hot shot would throw a ball and or toy and Servo went after it. Hot shot loved to watch Servo go after it and bring the toy back. Hot shot laughed when Servo did so it was a lot of fun.

Heatwave and Quickshadow would sometimes bring Hot shot out on Griffin Rock. The residents loved to see little Hot shot. They were amazed to see a little alien robot child. Hot shot was becoming a bit of local celebrity. 

Huxley Prescott was making a special Griffin rock only documentary about Hot shot's birth and growth. He was going to sell it on Griffin Rock only to keep the bots secret. 

Optimus prime found out about it. "We see that the people of Griffin Rock are accepting of aliens, and now that the human and bot community is almost finished and soon will be full of people and bots working together, we can only hope we no longer have to hide," Optimus said.

"Yes and hopefully then can people learn more about the bots who started us learning how to live with robot aliens in peace the rescue bots," Huxley said.

"Yes the rescue bots are the first in a community to live peacefully with humans, and there are others who live with humans now, it maybe only a couple of humans or a small group who may only know, but soon they will hopefully reveal themselves when the time is right and see if the humans who live the community they live with their humans will accept them," Optimus said. "Then Cybertronians who wish to make their home on earth and humans can truly live in peace and work together," he said. "That is the best we can hope for," he said.

"Maybe Hot shot will be able to see that day and have a human partner all his own too," Heatwave said. "It would be wonderful if it did happen," he said.

"That is true," Quickshadow said. "I can only hope that for our son," she said.

Hot shot was continuing to grow and grow. Hot shot was almost three years old and was still highly active. Today Blurr was at the fire house for a while. He was sleeping in his room in the fire house around 7:00 am that morning. Hot shot came into his room. He climbed on top of Blurr. "Good morning," Hot shot said. He pulled Blurr's covers back. "Look alive," he said.

"Hot shot it is too early to be alive and awake," Blurr said. "Go back in your crib," he said. Then Blurr was suddenly wide awake. "What are you doing out of crib?" he asked. "Who let you out?" he asked.

"I let me out," Hot shot answered.

"You mean you climbed over the bars and jumped down?" Blurr asked.

"Yes," Hot shot said.

"Hot shot you could've be hurt," Blurr said. "Hey guys we have an escapee!" he called. "Hot shot you know how it works you want out of your crib you sit there and yell until we let you out okay?" he asked.

"No, I'm a big boy!" Hot shot said.

"Blurr this better be good it's Saturday morning," Heatwave said.

"Don't tell me tell Hot shot, your son climbed out of his crib this morning," Blurr said. "He woke me up," he said.

"Hot shot you could've been hurt climbing out of your crib," Heatwave said and looked Hot shot over. "You don't seem hurt that is good," he said.

"What is going on?" Chief Burns asked.

"Blurr told me Hot shot climbed out of his crib this morning," Heatwave said.

"You did?" Charlie asked Hot shot with a smile.

"Yes," Hot shot said. "It was easy," he said.

"Well this means Hot shot is probably ready to get a big boy bed," Charlie said. "Plus from what I saw he is looking pretty cramped in his crib." he said.

"Crib tight," Hot shot said. "Hard to move," he said.

"That is another sign he is ready because he has grown quite a bit," Charlie said.

"I agree a big boy bed is what is needed," Blades said. Ratchet had already left to go back to Cybertron for a while.

"I am already on it," Boulder said.

"Thank you Boulder," Heatwave said.

"Oh boy, big boy bed," Hot shot said.

Quickshadow was thrilled her son needed a big boy bed. Boulder made Hot shot's big boy Cybertronian bed. Hot shot saw it when it was put in his room. "Wow," Hot shot said.

Hot shot loved his new bed a lot and soon was fast a sleep in it that night. Hot shot was nice and comfortable. 

Hot shot was growing into a fine little bot. Soon he was going to make four life long best friends.