Chapter 2

Heatwave and Quickshadow were bonded now and they were very happy. They loved each other very much. They wondered how they could be any happier. 

It was early in the morning. Heatwave woke up next to Quickshadow. He saw her fast asleep. She had been tired lately so he decided to let here rest. Heatwave got out of bed and kissed her face. Then he left the room.

"Hey Heatwave where is Quickshadow?" Dani asked.

"She has been tired lately so I decided to let her sleep," Heatwave said.

"Yes she has been kind of tired," Kade said. "I found her resting on the couch yesterday only after not doing much activity," he said.

"Well we better let her rest," Chief said. 

A bit later Quickshadow woke up and saw Heatwave wasn't in bed with her. She saw the time. "It's almost 9:00 am why didn't Heatwave wake me up?" Quickshadow asked. She soon felt kind of sick. She had been feeling sick for the past few days.  She came into the lounge. 

"Quickshadow you are awake," Heatwave said.

"Yes but why didn't you wake me up this morning?" Quickshadow said.

"You seemed pretty tired so I decided to let you sleep," Heatwave told her.

"You are so sweet," Quickshadow said. Then she got a dizzy and started to falter. Heatwave grabbed her. "I just haven't been myself for days, I wonder what is wrong with me?" she said.

"How about I take a look?" Blades asked.

"Okay," Quickshadow answered.

Blades scanned Quickshadow to see what was going on. "I see," Blades said looking at the scanner. 

"What is it?" Heatwave asked.

"Nothing to worry about," Blades said. "Quickshadow is pregnant," he said.

"You mean Heatwave and I are going to be parents?" Quickshadow asked.

"Yes," Blades said.

"This is wonderful," Heatwave said. "A sparkling of our own," he said.

"What is a sparkling?" Kade asked.

"It is what you know as a baby in human terms for us Cybertronians," Blades said.

"So when did you too decide to have a kid?" Kade asked.

"Well the two of us were talking about it and then we got a little frisky," Heatwave said.

"Yes I remember," Quickshadow said. "Now this sparkling is coming and we better be prepared for it," she said.

"That's true," Heatwave said. "We have a lot to do," he said.

"A lot to do about what?' Blurr asked coming in with Salvage and High Tide.

"Well Quickshadow and I are expecting our first sparkling," Heatwave said.

"Wow," Blurr said.

"That is great," Salvage said.

"Congrats Big red and Missus Shadow," High Tide said. "Soon there will be a little nipper born," he said. 

"You know we have to tell Optimus, this is important information he needs to know," Quickshadow said.

"You are right he needs to know about this, he would find it important that this sparkling learn much about Cybertron and about being a rescue bot if he or she chooses to be one," Heatwave said.

Heatwave went to make the call. "Hello Heatwave is there a problem?" Optimus asked.

"Not exactly, big news in fact," Heatwave said. "Quickshadow and I are expecting our first sparkling," he said.

"I see that is very wonderful news, I am glad you told me," Optimus said. "A new Cybertronian life, born here on earth," he said. "it is important he or she learns about the Autobot way of life, and learns to be rescue bot if he or she chooses to be one," he said. "This is a very important thing that is going to happen," he said. "I will send Ratchet to help over see the pregnancy and birth when the time comes," he said.

"Thank you Optimus," Heatwave said. 

"I have a feeling Ratchet will come as soon as possible," Optimus said.

"Understood I will let the others know," Heatwave said.

Heatwave came into the other room. "Optimus said he is sending in Ratchet to help with Quickshadow's pregnancy and the birth of the sparkling," Heatwave said.

"That's good," Blades said. 

"That is a good thing," Chase said.

"I am so looking forward to the birth of our sparking," Quickshadow said.

"I am too," Heatwave said. "It is going to be wonderful when our sparkling is born," he said. 

"What do you think the sparkling will be?" Quickshadow asked. "A boy or a girl?" she asked.

"I don't know to be honest, as long as we have a healthy sparkling it is all that matters right?" Heatwave asked.

"You're right," Quickshadow said. "I have a feeling this sparkling will be strong and healthy," she said.

"We can hope for that," Heatwave said.

"I am so excited for our sparkling," Quickshadow said.

Soon the planning begun. Quickshadow began take a prenatal vitamin to take care of herself. She got a book about becoming a mommy. She was looking forward to it. 

Quickshadow woke up sometimes feeling sick in the morning. She would even throw up sometimes. Heatwave would rub her back when it would happen. "Morning sickness, that energon pie doesn't taste so good coming back up," Quickshadow admitted. 

"I bet it doesn't," Heatwave said rubbing her back. "it is no fun throwing up," he told her. "Try to take it easy okay?" he suggested. "I love you my darling," he said.

"I love you too," Quickshadow said. She was also kind of moody as of lately. But that was normal due to her hormones. But she was hoping to feel better soon. 

She felt tenderness in her breast plates too. They were very sore. "That is normal," Blades told her. "It is just one of the pregnancy symptoms," he told her.

Ratchet soon arrived to the firehouse. "Okay now where is the mother to be?" Ratchet asked.

"Right here," Quickshadow said.

"Now let's do a routine exam shall we?" Ratchet asked. He examined Quickshadow to see how she was doing. "You seem to be doing just fine," he said. "The sparkling is doing fine too," he said.

"That is good to hear," Quickshadow said.

The first trimester wasn't easy. Quickshadow dealt with much morning sickness, tiredness, and moodiness. She just hasn't felt much like herself. But things with her and her sparkling looked so far so good. Which was a very good thing.

Quickshadow and Heatwave were at another appointment. Now Quickshadow was in for an ultrasound. Ratchet placed a doppler on Quickshadow's middle. "It should sound like a little cyber-rail train," Ratchet told her. 

There was a beating sound coming from it. "That is the little one's spark-beat." Ratchet said.

"Listen to it, Heatwave isn't it precious?" Quickshadow said.

"It is wonderful," Heatwave said.

Soon came the ultrasound. Ratchet saw the picture. "There is the sparkling right there, it is very tiny right now and doesn't look much like a sparkling at the moment, but soon it will look more like a sparkling you will see," Ratchet told them.

The weeks passed and things were going well. Quickshadow was in her third month of pregnancy. Which means she was about to enter her second trimester. 

The people of Griffin Rock found out and they were super excited about this. They were looking forward to the birth of the sparkling. They were wondering what the little baby bot would look like. 

They offered both Heatwave and Quickshadow their congratulations. It was a very exciting time indeed.