Chapter 5

Hot shot was born happy and healthy to Heatwave and Quickshadow. They were so relieved that their little sparkling was born without a problem. They were so happy to have him. He was very precious and cute. "I am so happy he is here and so healthy," Quickshadow said.

"I am grateful for that too," Heatwave said.

"I wonder what he will grow up to be, a firefighter like you, special ops like me, or maybe something different," Quickshadow said.

"Well whatever he decides to be it is up to us to help make it come true," Heatwave said. "We have to inspire him to go for his dreams and to be strong," he said.

"I know he will grow up to be an amazing Autobot," Quickshadow said.

"I think so too," Heatwave said.

Hot shot at moment was sleeping in his new bassinet in his nursery after being laid there this morning. "I am looking forward to many happy moments with Hot shot," Quickshadow said.

"I am looking forward to it too," Heatwave said. "he is going to be a strong boy as he grows," he said.

"Yes strong with a good spark," Quickshadow said. "Sweet dreams little Hot shot," she said.

Heatwave and Quickshadow were both learning how hard it is to have a newborn. Hot shot would cry often like most sparklings. Hot shot cried because he needs something like any other sparkling. Quickshadow was trying to calm Hot shot down at the moment. "Please don't cry, it's okay," Quickshadow said. "You don't need to be nursed I just nursed you, and your diaper doesn't need to be changed," she said. "It's okay," she said. "You're alright," she said.

Hot shot was still crying and fussing. Heatwave came up to her. "Take a break dear, let me see if I can calm him down," Heatwave said.

"Okay," Quickshadow said handing Hot shot to Heatwave. "I had been trying to get him to calm down for nearly 15 minutes," she said.

Heatwave took Hot shot and began to rock Hot shot in the rocking chair. "It's okay son, daddy's heart, there is nothing worry about, your okay," Heatwave said. "There, there," he said putting him up to shoulder and rubbing his back. Finally Hot shot began to settle down. Then Hot shot went back to sleep. Then Heatwave laid him back down in his bassinet.

"That is a relief," Quickshadow said.

"Well he's asleep now," Heatwave said. "I remember two nights ago he wouldn't stop until you tried," he said.

"Yes I am glad, we both have found ways to calm him down," Quickshadow said.

"Yes it is good," Heatwave said.

Heatwave and Quickshadow were happy to get some quiet time. They were happy to have Hot shot. They loved him very much. Hot shot is very well loved. His parents care very deeply about him even though he was born just recently.

Hot shot needed to be nursed every two hours. Hot shot needed to be changed several times a day. Hot shot slept barely even three hours at a time. Every night his cries could be heard in the whole firehouse. Luckily the Burns family understood about crying babies.

Hot shot was soon growing. Time was passing by quickly and Hot shot was meeting his milestones. Hot shot was becoming a very healthy little sparkling. 

Hot shot was soon able to roll from his back to his front and from his front to his back. Hot shot was doing a good job at it too. Hot shot was also able to lift his head up and doing well. Hot shot was very healthy sparkling.

Ratchet was doing a check up on Hot shot. "You are one happy healthy little sparkling," Ratchet said with a smile. "You are just doing wonderful," he said. "Hot shot is in good shape," he told Heatwave and Quickshadow.

"That is good to hear," Quickshadow said.

"I am relieved to hear that," Heatwave said. "It is great to hear we have a healthy son," he said.

Hot shot was still doing a lot of growing and developing. 

Before everyone knew it Hot shot was eight months old. He learned to crawl and luckily for him the bots and humans sparkling proofed the firehouse. Which was a good thing because he was safe to explore it. Hot shot was very curious and very active. As soon as he could crawl he tended to remain on the move.

At 11 months old Hot shot quickly started to learn to walk. Hot shot was even climbing up on furniture. Hot shot was soon all over the place. Hot shot was very clever and active. 

Heatwave and Quickshadow were happy to have a healthy boy. 

Sometimes like any other child learning to walk Hot shot would crash land. But Hot shot got up every time and went back to walking. Hot shot rarely ever cried about it. He only cried if he started to bleed. Which would happen sometimes. Quickshadow almost freaked out when Hot shot took a header and got a nasty scrape on his forehead. Hot shot was bawling and he had a bleeding scrape on his forehead.

Blades was there and cleaned the leaking energon from the scrape and placed a cybertronian band aid on it. "There you go," Blades said. "Good as new," he said. "He is going to be fine," he said.

"That is good to hear," Quickshadow said.

Before everyone knew it, it was Hot shot's first birthday. Everyone was so happy Hot shot was now one year old. They were having a wonderful celebration. They were really happy that Hot shot was now a year old. It was very wonderful to see. 

Hot shot even said his first word. "Dada," Hot shot said to Heatwave. 

"That's right I'm daddy," Heatwave said. Heatwave was very happy to hear his son call him dada. It was so wonderful and happy to hear. Heatwave and Quickshadow were happy to hear Hot shot's first word.

Hot shot still had a lot of growing to do. But now he was a year old. He still had a long way to go and lot to learn as he grows. He has more adventures around the bend.