| 4 |

“Urwa neeche chale aapke haldi ka waqt ho gaya hai”
Amna reminded her.

Urwa nodded her head and looked at herself in the mirror for the last time. She was wearing a yellow joda with intricate embroidery done on it. A yellow dupatta was wrapped around her head. Her mother will surely burn her ears down one day due to her dupatta. Urwa shook her head and headed downstairs.

Amna looked at her descending the stairs. Her daughter looked beautiful but soon noticed her dupatta around her head, her mood getting spoiled. Urwa stood near her while Amna spoke
“Aaj bhi yeh dupatta odhna jaruri tha Urwa begum?”

“Ammi aapko pata haina mere mizaj ke baare main phir bhi aap aise baate kar rahe ho?”
Urwa questioned looking at her mother, her eyes cold.

Amna was taken aback for a second due to her cold eyes but still cleared her throat and responded
“Sab aachi tarah se jante hai hum. Aapko hume bolne ki jarurat nahi hai. Chalo waqt nikla jaa raha hai''

Urwa didn't speak anything and sat on the designated place while the rasam started. All of her cousins were present. Alizey her closest cousin came near her smiling and applied haldi on her face and spoke
“Haldi Mubarak Urwa begum”

Urwa gave her a small smile and responded ans smirked
“Badi khush lag rahi hai hamare jaane se Alizey bibi. Sambhal ke Aayan bhai phir bhi yahi hai''

Alizey's cheek turned left and slapped back of Urwa's head and spoke
“Shushh! Diwalo ke bhi kaan hote hai pagal kisi ne sun liya toh?”

Urwa winced and rubbed the back of her head and replied
“Koi nahi sun raha atleast Aayan bhai toh nahi”

“Jao, main hi idhar se jaa rahi hu”
Alizey spoke, trying to get out of the situation.

“Ruke toh Alizey bibi”
Urwa spoke but Alizey left her. Urwa chuckled at her behaviour. It was quite prominent that Alizey had a crush on Aayan for a long time and so did Aayan but they both never tried to speak about their emotions.

Soon the Haldi ended and she was taken into her room. Suddenly someone entered into her room they were her brothers who smiled cheekily at her.

“Kya hai yeh harkat? Zain bhai aap bhi iss ladke ke kadmo par chalne lage wahh”
Urwa spoke glaring at both of them.

“Nahi Urwa. Tumhe haldi lagane ka mooka Hume mila hi nahi toh socha ki hum khud hi aa jaye”
Zain responded, giving her a small smile.

Urwa's expressions softened. Zain came forward and took a little paste on his fingers and applied it on her either cheeks and spoke softly
“Hamari bhen badi ho gayi. Nikkah kar rahi hai par jo halat main nikkah ho raha hai yeh mujhe raazi nahi hai''

Urwa's eyes turned glossy she gulped and responded
“Bhai yahi meri kismat thi hum kuch nahi kar sakti. Aapki koi galti nahi hai isme yeh nikkah main meri marzi shamil hai''

“Marzi ki baat kar rahi ho tum? Abba ne tumhe kis tarah raazi kiya mujhe nahi Pata. Par tum iss nikkah ke liye raazi kaise hui? Yeh nikkah chahe dushmani mitane ke liye ki jaa rahi hai par iska matlab yeh nahi ki woh tumhe dushman nahi samjhege”
Aayan spat angrily.

Urwa took a deep breath trying to calm the hurricane of emotions inside her. She can't be weak at the last moment. Zain glared at Aayan and spoke angrily
“Aapni bhen se iss tarah baat nahi karoge tum. Chahe koi bhi mamla kyu na ho”

Aayan looked at the floor without saying anything. Urwa took a hold of Aayan's and Zain's hand and made them sit on the bed and grabbed a chair and sat infront of them.

“Bhai samjh le baat ko jo hua so hone de na. Maine raazi hu na nikkah ke liye. Sab thik hoga”
Urwa spoke softly, looking at them.

Aayan and Zain looked at each other and sighed and nodded their heads while Zara smiled seeing their interactions and spoke jokingly
“Waise bhi aapko pata haina aapki bhen kitni tedi hai saare Sikandar khandan ko sidha kar dungi”

Aayan and Zain chuckled lightly at her response.

“Agar nikkah ke phele kabhi bhi maan badla toh bol dena. Qubool hai bolne ke pehle main aur Aayan tumhari madat kar sakte hai yaad rakhna”
Zain spoke.

“Nikkah ke baad madad nahi karne wale kya?”
Urwa asked jokingly.

“Nikkah ke baad tum par humse jyada uska hak hoga Urwa aur main kuch bhi nahi kar sakuga. Isliye nikkah tak ka waqt hai tumhare paas. Hum Shaho ke khandhan se vaasta rakhte hai”
Zain reminded her.

Aayan looked at his older brother who was speaking the harsh truth of their culture. Aayan had no choice but to accept it. Urwa gave him a small smile and spoke
“Fikar na kare bhai nikkah ke baad main aap logo ko kabhi taklif nahi dungi”

Zain realising the meaning of Urwa's words tried to speak but Urwa spoke
“Mujhe namaz bhi padhna hai aur nahna(bath) bhi hai aap dono jaye mehndi suru hone wali hai”

Zain and Aayan nonetheless left the room with a heavy heart. Urwa took a deep breath controlling her emotion.

Twenty four hours later Urwa is decked up in a red wedding attire, a skin dupatta wrapped around her head. Alizey had done light makeup. She looked at herself in the mirror, her hands beautifully adorned by mehndi. Her mehndi was very dark; she chuckled bitterly at the thought of him loving her. It will all be an illusion and a deal.

Zohra came into her room with Amna. They both got along well.

‘Atleast abba fulfilled his promise’
Urwa thought.

Soon they both took her downstairs. Sikandar's soon arrived. Her eyes clashed with his black eyes which looked at her intensely. Qazi soon arrived and came towards her asked

“Urwa Shah binte Atif Shah kya aapko yeh nikkah Shahzaib Sikandar wald Rahman Sikandar ke saath ba-haq-e mehr 80 lakh rupees qubool hai?”

“Qubool hai”
“Qubool hai”
“Qubool hai”
Urwa replied, her voice shaking.

They handed over the papers to sign but her shivering hands were not helping either. She was not even able to sign them due to her shivering hands. Aayan took her hands and rubbed them and spoke softly
“Urwa you can do it. Meri bhen bohot strong hai haina?”

Urwa looked at him through her glossy eyes and nodded her eyes and took a deep breath and signed the papers as best she could.

“Shahzaib Sikandar wald Rahman Sikandar kya aapko yeh nikkah Urwa Shah binte Atif Shahbke saath ba-haq-e mehr 80 lakh rupees qubool hai?”
Qazi asked Shahzaib.

“Qubool hai”
“Qubool hai”
“Qubool hai”
Shahzaib replied confidently.

The Mubarakbaad was heard through while Amna hugged Urwa. Atif Shah caressed his daughter's head softly and kissed her forehead. Zain came towards her and hugged her.Urwa eyes didn't leave those black eyes for a second who greeted everyone and was still looking at her.

That's how her fate was sealed with Shahzaib Sikandar till the day of judgement. A new chapter in her life started with a great bang.

‘Bada thrill pasand haina Urwa tujhe. Aab jee aapni zindagi thrill main’
Urwa thought, looking at her mother-in-law Ayesha coming towards her.