| 6 |

"Shahzaib yeh nikkah kyu hua hai iss baat se aap aachi tarah se wafik hai"
Rahman spoke to Shahzaib looking at him.

Shahzaib nodded his head as a response while Rahman continued
"Shaho ki beti hai woh yaad rakhna. Shaho ka mizaaj bada garam hai aur Sikandaro ka bhi. Umeed hai ki aap hamari baat samjh gaye ho"

Shahzaib nodded his head and responded
"Baba fikr na kare main yeh mamla sambhal lunga"

Rahman nodded his head and opened the drawer and took out a box and handed it to him. Shahzaib looked at the box in his hand curiously and raised his eyebrows questioningly.

Rahman answered
"Aapki ki maa ne diya hai, aapke dulhan ki muh dikhai hai. Sikandaro ka khandani zehwar hai. Aapni dulhan ko samjha do yaha ke usoolo ke baare main"

Shahzaib nodded his head and Rahman indicated him to leave. Shahzaib left while his thoughts went back to his bride, Urwa.

She looked so ethereal in that red jora. When he looked at her covered head he was proud yet amused because no bride in their region covers herself on her nikkah.

Still he remembered her gaze on his hand when she was admiring him. Yes, admiring him. Shahzaib's mind went back remembering what his mother told him before the nikkah

"Nikkah main mohabbat jaruri hai par saath hi saath izzat aur aitbaar bhi. Jis rishte main mohabbat aur aitbaar nahi hota woh rishta andar se khokla ho jata hai. Ek dusre par aitbaar karna jaruri hai. Dushmano ki beti jarur hai par aab woh aapki biwi bane jaa rahi hai yaad rakhna"

Shahzaib knew that this marriage is not going to be an easy one. Two individuals who are so contrasting how they will accept each other? Shahzaib has heard about the 'valour' of Urwa. He knows how she disrupted the panchayat full of men when a woman was wrongly accused. At first he hated her shameless act, he still does. To be honest he knows she was right but still he can't accept this. That's how they are brought up with a deep sense of tradition. He knows she is not going to be easy to deal with nor is he going to coax her or something.

Shahzaib is going to give her a thriller life. He smirked at the thought of it. Shahzaib reached towards his room and stood outside the door feeling nervous suddenly not having the courage to get inside his own room, his heart suddenly beating fast.What the heck happened to him?

'Aab kya hua Shahzaib badi thriller life dene wale the na aapni biwi ko. Khud room main jane se dar rahe ho'
His subconscious mocked him.

Shahzaib ignored the mocking by his own subconscious and took a deep breath and headed inside his very room,his footsteps echoing. He saw his bride sitting on his bride, her red jora spread over the bed elegantly. While the red veil covered her face.

'Jara jyada flimy nahi ho raha hai kya yeh?Mujhe toh laga tha aab tak toh isne mere kamre ki har chiz uthal putal kar deni thi'
Shahzaib thought, eyeing his bride suspiciously.

Shahzaib noticed how his bride was nodding to her own self as if she was having a debate. Shahzaib stood near the bed clearing his throat trying to gain her attention. Urwa looked at him for once and ignored him waiting for him to get done with this rasam. If Urwa had the chance, she would have gotten out of this Red jora at earliest but she knew Sikandar's were too keen on traditions and belief and now she can't afford offending anyone at such a crucial time.

'Aabhi shaadi hui hai bhai bilwajah kyu dushmani mool lu'
Urwa thought ,justifying herself.

Shahzaib on the other hand was clearly offended seeing his bride ignoring him. No matter what circumstances they got married he is still her husband right? She needs to give him some importance.