CHAPTER-14

POV: GLADISH ROSENS

He put my birthday as his password? The fuck? Surprised would be an understatement for what I felt. His date was perfect to a fault. I never thought he would settle for something simple like that. I was astonished. All the snacks he prepared were my favourites. That date confirmed that he is just a softie at heart. He prepared couples outfit. Such a kid. I loved it too.

It's been two days since he last showed up in front my face. Not the usual visits at my school. I haven't felt him in forty eight and it's driving me crazy. I never admitted to it but I like it when he's clingy. I knew that even if I push him away, he will never leave my side.

But the last forty eight hours, I felt like I am an empty shell with no soul. And that's when I realised, I truly fucked up. I was always a reserved person. Even if I'm close to others, I never let them in my private circle. He not only barged in and placed himself in my life, but also took a piece of me with him.

Olivia placed her hands around my shoulder, taking me back to the reality.

"Earth to Addie." She watched me closely. "Why do you look like you dropped your favourite ice cream on the floor? Something bothering you?"

"Nothing. Just not feeling well Liv."

"You haven't told me about the reason behind your giddiness lately. I was waiting for you."

"Umm well... I'm at the verge of dating someone. But would you accept it?" I was really concerned about that. After all Jayden kidnapped her.

"I know it's Jayden and I'm fine with you dating him. Why should I not accept him? Just because he kidnapped me? I am not that cruel hearted." She clutched her heart dramatically.

"Really?"

"Really dumbass. And I kinda have Stockholm syndrome I guess. Now what is bothering you?"

I sighed. "He isn't showing up for two days and it's literally testing my patience."

"Oooo looks like someone is whipped." She poked my cheek.

"Shut up Liv. I'm trying to be serious here."

"Ok back to business. Why don't you go and visit him? Stay the night there. I can cover up for you." She winked.

"Should I?"

"Yeah. Go for it bestie. Yo." She joined me to the bus stop and we parted ways. I never went to his house voluntarily. I boarded the bus and went to his house.

I reached his house and his bike was in the garage that means he is at home. I knocked the door. Once. No answer. Twice. No answer. Thrice. No answer.

"I'm coming in." I yelled to the door and punched in the password. Slowly walking through the living room, he wasn't there. So I looked for him in his room.

I saw him lying in the bed. Sleeping. There's no way he didn't notice me. He was covered in blankets. I touched his forehead. Fuck. He's burning. "Shit." I muttered. When I saw him like that, my mama bear personality kicked in. I dropped my bag on the floor and picked a piece of cloth from his closet and ran to his bathroom. I dipped the cloth in water and went back and placed it on his forehead.

I took a towel and put it under the faucet. When it became wet, I wiped his face and hands with it. I think it will help to lower his temperature. After I re-applied the cloth on his forehead, I went to the kitchen to prepare some food. As he is sick, porridge would be best. I made it and put it in the heater so when he wakes up, I can just heat it and give it to him.

His phone rang from the kitchen counter. I looked the caller id. It says 'Elena'. I burned with jealousy. Who could be this Elena? Pressing the volume button, I muted the call. Anger filling my bones. The urge to see this Elena and tell her that Jayden is mine haunts me. I snapped for a second. The call turned into a missed call.

She called again. This time I picked up the phone. "Hello." The voice spoke. If I wasn't so angry, I would have taken time to appreciate her soft voice.

"Hello?" I responded. "Umm...who is this? Is Jayden there?" She asked me. "Jay is sleeping. And my name is Gladish. Do you want me to convey any message to him?" I am not backing the fuck off. "No... I needed to talk to him directly." She sounded a bit more loud. "Sorry you can not. If you can't pass the message through me, then I am hanging up." I hung up the call.

Who the fuck is she? And why can't she just pass the message through me? What is there to talk to him directly? He is safe that he's sick or else I would have punched that bastard. I chunked down a whole cup of water.

I got an idea. The devil works fast but my mischievous brain works faster. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed him. After two or three seconds, his phone lit up with my call.  My eyes staring at my contact name in his phone. 'Moon🌕' . He also put an emoji!

Tears welling up in back of my eyes. This man is full of surprises. How can he do this to me? How can just a contact name make my heartbeat fast and make me tear up? Why? Why am I affected this much? The earlier anger dissipating into something more affectionate towards him. Wiping off the one tear drop which escaped my eyes, I switched off his mobile. I quickly texted Liv that he is okay and so am I. And I switched mine off too.

I went back to his room and sat beside his bed. Slowly holding his hand in mine, I glanced at him. His hair was on his forehead meeting his eyes, I pushed them back and traced his face. He opened his eyes, his dark eyes looking into mine for a second. He tightened his hand around mine and closed his eyes again. I placed my head on the side of the bed and fell asleep there holding his hand.