CHAPTER-17

POV: GLADISH ROSENS

We reached aunt's house. The tense atmosphere and the bad feeling is still lingering.

Nick is my cousin. He is just an year older than me. He always wanted to learn business abroad. Unlike his parents, Nick had always been a supportive brother to me. That's why I decided to come here even if I don't want to.

We got out of car and I was about to enter their house when Ben held my shoulder. "Gladdie, you don't have to tolerate their insolence. If they talk anytime bad, you should stand up for yourself. If anything happens afterwards, I will handle it."

I smiled and playfully elbowed his gut. "Shut up Ben. Don't forget that I'm older than you."

"That doesn't make you wiser."

"The thing is I don't pick up insignificant battles Ben. They are not worth it."

"Whatever. But remember I will pick up any battles if it includes your well being."

"Stop acting like a grown up." I ruffled his hair and we both entered the house more like the den of wild animals. All my relatives are here. And that's extra work. Ben was dragged by some kids. He is quite popular among children. I smiled at a few of them and strolled to Nick's room. And there he is.

I knocked at his door which was already open. He was sitting on his bed with his phone in his hand. "Hey Nikkie." I smiled. He came up to me and embraced me in a warm hug. "How many times have I told you not to call me that?" He broke the hug. "Oops. I wasn't counting." I grinned. He pinched my cheeks. And we both smiled.

He took me out to the garden. Thank goodness no one is here. "So? You finally fulfilled your dream huh?" We walked side by side.

"It was quite the struggle but it's worth it."

"I'm really happy for you Nikkie. I swear."

"I know kid."

"I'm not a kid. I'm just an year younger than you."

"Quite the same." He pinched my cheeks again. He always loved to do it since we were kids. "So what are your plans, hmm?"

"Haven't really thought about it." I sighed. "I'm really stuck Nikkie, I don't know what to do in my future. I don't have any particular direction."

"That's okay if you don't know what to do. Keep doing things you like and you'll find out a direction for yourself." He patted head. "Continue your walk. I have to meet others." He smiled at me and went inside.

It was nice to be alone in here because no older people will annoy you. I exhaled. I had nothing else to do and I cannot leave until my parents decides to. I was still walking when Ben comes running.

"Sissy, I need to be somewhere. So I'm leaving." He looks like he is rushing.

"Where to?"  I asked him.

"You know the group project I have to do?" I nodded. "There's some complications in the presentation. And that's in my part. So I need to meet up with them. Nick said he'll drop me."

"Okay. Take care." I touched his bicep.

"Just because I'm not here doesn't mean anything. Talk back and take action when needed. Okay?"

"Okay Mr. Narcissist." I waved him bye when he ran out of the house. I sighed. Just like that my brother is gone too. Now if some vultures are going to prey on me, I'll have to face them alone.

I put on my airpodes and played some songs. Well it's better than being utter alone. I strolled back and forth in the garden. It was peaceful. The sun is setting. The skies looked breathtaking. I smiled at the beauty of nature. I continued my walk when I felt someone hold my wrist and pushed me to the nearest wall. One hand was pressed against my mouth that my shouts are muffled. I can't see them as they're behind me.

"Oh look at you. So young and dressing up slutty. Are you trying to get laid tonight?" The voice spoke. I am not familiar with him. It's a man.

I wriggled in his hold but he squeezed my butt. This bastard. "Oh this is a juicy ass." He pressed his erection to my back. I was trying to get out of his hold. Tear welling in the back of my eyes. I can't shout too. I just tightened the hold on my phone. Suddenly a voice penetrated my ear. "Xavier", someone was shouting and the man behind me stilled.

Someone pulled him off my body. Just when I turned around she slapped me across my face. I couldn't register what's going on. "You dare to seduce my husband, you whore." She raised her hands to slap me again when I caught it. "I did not seduce your asshole of a husband." I felt the metallic taste of blood inside my mouth. Maybe because of the slap.

Suddenly all people circled us. My aunt came up to us. "What happened Alia?" She asked that woman. "This slut tried to seduce my husband." Everyone stared at me. "I did not." I yelled back.

I looked around to see my parents looking at me with nothing but disgust. They're ashamed of me. Their own daughter. They should be defending me but they did not and never will. Tears formed in my eyes but not even one drop escaped my eyes. I will not cry in front of these vultures.

The man that tried to assault me came up behind his bitch of a wife. "She did Lia, she tried to seduce me and I was trying to get away from her." He sounded more appealing than me. I bet everyone here thinks that he's saying the truth and I am lying. I sniffed daring not to shed a tear for anyone here.

Everyone's stared fixated on me. I wanted to slap that Xavier and Alia but my body isn't moving. My throat feels dry and my tongue is numb. I am numb. Everyone was focused on me when they heard a roaring sound of a bike outside. I heard that too but I was too numb to react.

"Look at this bitch, trying to play innocent." Alia raised her hands again to slap me when a sound stopped her. "Touch her and you'd die." This can't be but I want it to be. A masculine voice. Everyone attention shifted to the source. I looked up too. Jayden is walking towards us. His eyes fixed on me. One tear I was holding back so hard fell down my cheeks on this sight of him.

He came up beside me and looked at everyone else. "I'm taking her. And to those who hurt her, be ready because I will hunt you down myself that you'll beg for death." He took my hand and tried to pull me. I couldn't move my body. He looked back and put his hands under my knee and my back. He carried me bridal style infront of my relatives and even my parents. But I don't care because right now all I need is him. I did not put my hands around him instead I just dug my face into his chest.

He walked out of the house with me in his hands. He placed me on his bike, put my helmet on. He started the bike after he took his seat. I did not talk anytime nor did he. He just took my hands and wrapped it around him. "Hold on tight Moon." That's all he said and I did. Then he sped up to God knows where.