CHAPTER-26

POV: JAYDEN CARTER

Now that all the problems were solved, she's back at her house. We met occasionally. Her parents know about us and I don't know why they haven't taken any actions against it. Anyways we are celebrating the time we have together. I take her out on rides, she rants about her books all the way. We've gotten more closer than ever.

I never thought I was able of this much affection for another human like this until I met her. She's in my fucking heart and sometimes she does get on my nerves. She says that she likes making me jealous. And she is actually pissing me off but the thought of another man jealous of her makes my blood boil, so I kinda like it when she does things she wants to do with me without holding back.

I never made a risky move on her since her stunt at her own house but we still kiss. She is clingier than she used to be, always wanting my hundred percent attention when we are together.

Tomorrow is her birthday. Actually there's only a few more minutes left for her big day. She's turning 18. I prepared something for her.

I checked my watch again, it's 11.30 pm. I'm waiting outside her house. I planned a surprise for her.  I know her parents are not the kind to wish their daughter at exact 12 am, neither am I but for this woman I'm willing to adapt to any new ways of life.

I double checked all the gifts I prepared for her. She wanted a paperback of Dark Verse series so I bought a special edition of signed books. I brought two cake with me, one is made by me and other was bought from the store. A large bouquet of flowers,  a floral dress and a makeup set that was on her wishlist. There are much more but I couldn't accomodate them in my bike so I kept them at my place. She can come and get them whenever she wants.

It's close enough. I climbed the wall and slowly took all the gifts down with me. I have all of them in a big box except for the flowers. Thank God for giving me a good physique. Slowly I made way to the outside of her room. Her table lamp is still on so that means she's not asleep yet.

I put all the box down, checked it again. I checked my watch, it's 11:59 pm. I knocked at her window, she slowly opened the door exactly at 12:00 am. "Happy Birthday Moon." I extended my arm with the flowers.

That's when I noticed she has a knife in her hand and there's a cupcake lit with a candle on her table. Looks like she was planning to wish herself a happy birthday at 12. But then what is my duty.

I looked at her face. Tears streaming down her face, a hearty smile on her lips that reached her eyes, he eyes squinted so much that it's almost invisible. She's trembling as he took the flowers from my hand. "Thank you so much caveman."

She pulled me in through the window. The second I'm in, she crashed into me wrapping me in her small arms. I hugged her back. I placed a kiss on her head. She smells like lavender. The smell is so intoxicating. I like how she smells that her presence is recognisable. So this is how it feels to love and to be loved. Oh my- did I think about love? Shh. No complicated thoughts!

"Are we going to stay like this all night? Not that I have something against this but I have much more to show you." I said. She removed her hands and pulled me by my collar and placed a small kiss on my lips which tastes salty because of her tears. I might never liked salt in this lifetime but now it tastes like the sweetest thing known to human race.

She broke the hug. I opened the cake boxes. "Why are there two cakes?" She asked. "Well, I made one and I bought another one." I said.  Her eyes are glassy again. "Should we cut the cake? Which one do you want to cut first?"

"The cake you made." She smiled at me. I patted her head and opened the box of the cake I made. It is made of Oreos. I was wondering if I should sing the song or not. I never sang any songs not in this lifetime. But she makes me wanna do things I never did. So I whisper-sing the song. She cut the cake and gave me the first piece. I fed her another piece then I grabbed the knife from her. What if she hurt herself?

I walked to the window and brought all the gifts inside and moved them near to the bed. I sat on the bed. Gladish is still standing there too dumbfounded to even act. I tapped my thigh indicating her to sit down on my lap. Without hesitation she placed herself on my lap. "Open the gifts" I whispered in  her ear.

"What is all this, Jayden?" She started unboxing get gifts. She gasped when she saw the books. Carefully, she took them out. "Dark verse series! It's signed!" She wrapped her hands around my neck almost cutting off my air supply.

She opened all other gifts thanking me more and more. She never have to thank me. It's my duty to take care and protect my girl. "Do you want another slice of the cake?" I asked her. She nodded. I cut another piece and gave it to her. She stuffed her mouth with the cake leaving the whipping cream all over her mouth. I couldn't hold back. I crushed my lips to hers. The cake is sweet but never more sweet than her lips. I kissed her like a starved man. I sat on the bed and she climbed into my lap not breaking the kiss.

This chapter is dedicated to WifeHaverPog and Scarletblood27 and my Stellz.

Dear reader,
I want to apologise for not uploading the chapter sooner. I had to deal with some personal issues do that's why I was late. Thank you to everyone who was patiently waiting for the chapter. I had a writer's block also. I couldn't get the ideas out of my head. So I'm really sorry for making y'all wait. To compensate for that, I will upload the next chapter as soon as possible. Please share your opinions and vote for the chapter if you liked it.
Love,
Isabel