The Princess And The Queen

Princess Aemma, Lady of Storm's End 

Prince Baelon, Heir to the Storm's End

126 A.C, Storm's End 

No one POV 

Aemma walked around Storm's End holding Alice's hand and while holding Baelon in her other arm. 

Aemma said "Come here, You will have your own dragon soon, I promise, you have plenty of time" and Alice said "What if I don't want to?". 

Aemma said "Then you don't have to, listen to me" and Aemma bent down in front of her and put Baelon down and Alice grabbed Baelon's hand. 

Aemma said "You two are Baratheons, but you are also Targaryen's there is dragon blood in you, you don't have to ride a dragon, to prove that, if you want to stay here and run around Storm's End, and ride horses, or live in your own land, then you can, Live your life the way you want to. Because life can change. Think it like this, I was born a Princess, I am the eldest sister to the Heir to the Throne, your Aunt Rhaeenrya, she has the path to be Queen, and to rule over many kingdoms, and be in many boring councils. Oh I'm falling asleep just thinking about it." 

Alice smiled and Aemma said "But there are dangers in that, and when my mother died, I was so afraid of what would happen, I was afraid when your grandfather married Queen Alicent. I was afraid when I married your father, but being away from court was one of the nicest gifts I ever gotten, Marrying your father and having you two, Being the Lady of Storm's End, that was my path, and I thank the Gods and my father every day for it. You never know how things are going to turn out, so you can't expect to only turn out a certain way, Do you understand?". 

Alice said "I understand,Mama" and Aemma hugged Alice and Aemma said "Come here, Baelon, Come here, Look we're away from the Greens, away from all the boriness and politics of court, those are chains, and we're free of them. No one would look at us here." 

Aemma smiled at them and Aemma said "Especcially with your Aunt Rhaenrya in her labours again, another boy." 

Alice said "You want to visit court."