The Green Council

In Aemond's Chamber 

No one POV 

Alice laid down on the bed with Aemond having his arm around her and she kept looking at the door. 

Aemond said "Dear wife" and Alice said"Yes." 

Aemond said "The faster you realize that you are not leaving, the happier you will be, perhaps I've already put a son in you." 

Alice said "Uh huh." 

Aemond said "Perhaps if you were to have sons, your brother could be free" and Alice said "You said the same thing before." 

Aemond said "You gave a daughter" and Alice said "And what is so wrong with our daughter, not a good enough piece for you to move around the board." 

Aemond said "I do love our daughter, she'll be quite useful someday, she could even marry Aegon's son." 

Alice froze. 

Aemond said "Be Queen and all that."

Alice looked over at him and Aemond caressed her hair and said "What do you think, do you not want your daughter to be Queen someday." 

Alice said "So your going to marry her off to something that can be of use to you. And that way you keep all of us with the Greens, more useful for leverage." 

Alicent's Chambers 

Talya was telling Alicent of King's Visery's death and Alicent said "You're sure? There is no doubt."

Talya said "With his own eyes, your Grace" and Alicent cried out and gasped and said "Um, I um.." and she got up and said "Stay here. Tell, tell no one. Help me dress."

In the Hand's Chambers 

Alicent sat down and Otto said "Who knows?" and Alicent said "My handmaiden, Talya. Some of the servants. I saw him last night... before he... He told me he wished for Aegon to be king. It is the truth. Uttered with his own lips. His last words to me and I was the only one to hear it. And now he's dead."

Otto looked over at her

In the Small Council Chamber

Alicent was sitting down at the head of the table as the rest of the small council walked in and Tyland said "What is it that could not have waited an hour? Was Dorne invaded?".

Otto said "The King is dead. We grieve for Viserys the Peaceful... our sovereign... our friend."

 Otto said "But he has left us a gift. With his last breath, he impressed upon the Queen his final wish: that his son, Aegon... should succeed him as Lord of the Seven Kingdoms."

Tyland said "Then we may proceed now with the full assurance of his blessing on our long-laid plans."

Otto said "Yes. There is much to be done, as we've previously discussed. Now, there are two among the captains of the City Watch that remain loyal to Daemon. Let us replace them. Lord Lannister."

Tyland said "The Treasury is well in hand. The gold will be divided for safekeeping."

Otto said "Let ravens be sent to our allies, Riverrun, and High Garden, and Storm's End. We'll have to move Prince Baelon, keep him closer." 

 Lyman said " I will not have this. To hear that you are plotting to replace the King's chosen heir with an imposter!".

Tyland said " His firstborn son is hardly an imposter."

Lyman said " Hundreds of lords and landed knights swore fealty to the Princess."

Tyland said "That was some 20 years ago. Most of them now dead."